KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of replacement tires should I go for over the OEM? I rarely ever ride wet weather and do a lot of work commuting on my 790. I want something that won't flatspot, but still has good grip for when I run the twisties! I was looking at the Michelin Road 6's. Is that a great choice?

·
Registered
2019 790 Duke L
17 Posts
Yes, Michelin Road 6's are a great choice.
Eh, not really. Their rounded profile means they’ll actually flatspot more easily than a pointier tire like the Rosso IV. Also I killed the R6s (cords were showing) in something like 7000km, while the Rosso IV is at around 8k and still has some tread left

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I went to Conti TrailAttack3 simply because when it does rain here - we tend to have a fair amount of debris on the roads too. The choice of crown profile has to fit your riding style. I have a gentle throttle hand.

·
Registered
2019 790 Duke L
17 Posts
I was looking into tyres at one point and settled on sport tourers as i also commute daily and ride like a hooligan.
That said, I was listening to Fortnine when he made the case for sport tourers and he's.....often challenged for his views so take that with a grain of salt.

Honestly, even for commuting, i’d go for something sportier. I used to have Road 5s and then 6s but when I switched to Rosso 4s they lasted
longer (R6s were at the cords after 6000km, my R4s have around 8k and they still have some rubber left), had better grip and didn’t square off as easily as the Michelins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts