KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been checking parts fishe for 790 v 890 duke... people seem to think 890 shift is tighter and better... the parts seem the same except for
the detent spring.... I know factory pro do a shift kit, but maybe just change the spring for the 890 part... it's probably a stronger spring

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Factory Pro has ceramic bearings vs the stock shifter. In my opinion is the whole package not just the spring.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've also heard the shifter has a shorter throw, but I haven't checked the fish to see if it's just a linkage arm (most likely). I'd love to do the Factory Pro kit, but my friends at the dealer advise against touching the engine until the warranty is up, so maybe the 890 spring wouldn't raise alarm bells. Thanks for the fish check!

That said, since I've trained my foot I haven't had any false neutrals. I could replicate the 5-6 neutral if I shifted quick as normal, but once I kept my foot up I could feel it engage 6th every time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is a sensor for the quick shifter that's connected to the shifter. If you constantly hover your boot against it, at some point it will confuse the sensor. To solve the problem, I shift deliberately and I make sure I'm not inadvertently pressuring my boot up against the shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts