KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I'm on my 2nd indicator due to the close proximity to the exhaust when replacing the ugly oe number plate holder (it's there for a reason).
Even though I fitted a heat shield, the angle wasn't right and you can see the results. I've now positioned the shield slightly downwards which will hopefully do the job. Failing that, it looks like a replacement silencer, although I do like the original (controversial)!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Which tail tidy did you go with? Stock exhaust?

I'm surprised no one has made a integrated tail light yet. I'm actually considering buying one off another bike just so I don't have to deal with this melting signal scenario

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock exhaust with a J Tech tail tidy. Fitted a new indicator today and done 40 miles with no issues(now I've got the heat shield at the right angle)!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
So I was checking out the mustard bikes tail tidy there's a YouTube video where the guy puts it on and it looks pretty good.so I sent him a message and asked about exhaust melting the turn signal he said it didn't seem to be an issue all the time.well it seems to me it should be pretty cut and dry whether it does or does not melt the stock turn signal with stock exhaust would anybody care to elaborate on this and maybe end this debate once and for all thank you in advance.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks looks good I see there's no body modifications, I was wondering if you have to cut the wires

·
Registered
2020 790
42 Posts
Thanks looks good I see there's no body modifications, I was wondering if you have to cut the wires
If that question was to me, then yes you do cut the wires for the brake/tail light. But it's not a bid deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts