KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumor has it that a more powerful variant of the 790 Duke is currently being tested in Europe. The 790 Duke R will feature a custom ECU, Brembo brakes, and a custom free flow exhaust by Akrapovic. Although it hasn't been confirmed, the custom engine mappings and new electronic settings, could result in a slight bump in power. There hasn't been any confirmation on availability or pricing as of yet, but more details will be released in the coming weeks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My biggest beef so far is the lack of video coverage.

There was the below promo video but its nothing more than a teaser, what we could use is feedback of what its like from a riders perspective.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Didn't anticipate seeing a sports variant this early on. Guess its a good thing that I haven't pulled the trigger yet on the Duke. Are we thinking an extra $2k or so for this version?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KTM is being pretty tight lipped about pricing around the Duke R, and until we have a confirmation of the updated specs, it'll be difficult to speculate. Akra systems tend to be pretty expensive on their own.

·
Super-Moderator
366 Posts
My biggest beef so far is the lack of video coverage.
There was the below promo video but its nothing more than a teaser, what we could use is feedback of what its like from a riders perspective.
This was the prototype of the original 790 they showed at EICMA last year.

I’d also wager 2020 release, 2019 announcement

1 - 7 of 7 Posts