KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

790 Duke R spotted in production guise

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LC8 
#1 ·
We saw some spy shots of the new R variant of the 790 testing a few weeks back, but it looks like now that the bike is nearly ready for release. For those who don't know, this new upspec version comes with radially-mounted Brembo calipers as well as a fully adjustable WP suspension front and rear, cornering ABS, traction control and a Motor Slip Regulator, plus a Supermoto riding mode.

See less See more
#3 ·
EICMA 2019 announcement, 2020 release would also be my guess like AOT says.

It seems they’re struggling to squeeze any more power out of the twin, although they might surprise us.

I’m guessing it will be Akra, Brembo and WP upgrades and maybe a few titanium cnc bits.

My heart kept telling me to wait for an R but my brain said 2-3 years (at the time), so I decided just to get the standard. 6 months of an incredibly capable bike and no regrets.

#4 ·
if the only upgrade to join the "R" club is suspension, it would be disappointing.

extra power might well be a problem, extra RPM with different cam it will be interesting to se

yes I could see Brembo brakes as the standard are good but not great and titanium complete system would save a lot of weight

#5 ·
These spy photos are a bit misconceiving as they suggest this is something coming to market soon. Have to agree with what the other members have said and that this probably wont hit the market for at least a few more years. Does look like they are making the necessary tweaks however.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.