KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. This post is more directed towards Indian owners of the 790 Duke.

While searching for sliders/ engine guard, I realised that the Indian spec of the bike comes with an engine guard fitted.

My question is that it there a way to order these to Europe?

I've added some pictures for reference. Thank you

ktm-790-duke-front-view-mumbai-dealership-72b9.jpg 2019-ktm-790-duke-india-launch-2.jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is that a new bike ? Looks like it’s been used a bit so maybe aftermarket Protection?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just not these bikes. Even the bike in the video of the Indian launch event have these guards. So, they are definitely OEM

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah they are india only fitment. Mandated by govt regulations. Honestly if you are looking for crash preconceived you are better off with a cage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah they are india only fitment. Mandated by govt regulations. Honestly if you are looking for crash preconceived you are better off with a cage.
Not particularly looking for crash protection, just if it ever tips over or something. Something minimal like these would be good tbh. Is there a part number or anyway to order them?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't think so but I will let others chime in. I am still stuck in the US because of covid even though bike is in India. Someone can probably sip this from india to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't think so but I will let others chime in. I am still stuck in the US because of covid even though bike is in India. Someone can probably sip this from india to you.
Yeah, hopefully. Anyway, thanks for confirming that it exists. I just prefer OEM over aftermarket and I do believe this blends in with the bike.
Btw, I did hear about Indian government doing special flights for people stuck outside. Hope you're not stuck for too long

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I blends in.

The evac flights are for medical conditions, health issues and people out of a job. Hopefully the world slowly goes back to normal soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts