KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

790 Duke K-Tech IDS Front Fork Cartridges

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Ming 
#1 · (Edited)
K-TECH IDS FRONT CARTRIDGES FOR SALE UK
I’ve upgraded to an 890R so I’ve taken some of the upgrades off before sale, unfortunately for me they are not compatible with the 890R so I have to sell them and upgrade to Andreani or heavier WP springs.
These cost me £790 to be professionally fitted by Brook Suspension in Bradford with additional K-Tech springs for my weight (115Kg with full gear).
They retail at £594 without springs or fitting.
I’m looking for £430 for the cartridges on their own or £450 with the springs. I’ll post out to the UK for free.
They have been on the bike for approx 600 miles and less than 6 months and are in perfect condition.
I haven’t adjusted them so there are no adjustment marks on the tops, they came set up for my weight so I left them as is.

They are advertised on eBay so could be sold before someone gets the benefit here.

Any questions just ask.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The K-Techs IMO are really good, the bike just felt better whether on the road or the track….I’m 115kg with gear on so the normal springs were way too soft being set up for an 80Kg rider. If I could have put them on the 890R I would have done, there aren’t many options for the 890R apart from Andreani or to respring the WP Apex for my weight.
The rear I had on the 790 (Nitron R2) is now on my 890R with some adjustments.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed…

#7 ·
New K Tech cartridge kit, springs etc and Razor R rear shock, all set for my weight. Got it done by Steve at HEL Performance in Exeter. He's a K Tech dealer and ex BSB crew chief so knows his stuff. I also had my brakes upgraded to HEL calipers, master cylinder and brake lines. It's a real weapon now.
I think the guys at 44 Teeth use JHS and James and the gang are a good bunch

#12 ·
Ming, your thinking was a bit like mine. I could have bought a new 890R for £10,500 or a new 790 for £7,500. The 890 would still not have been set up for me so I bought the 790 with a view to making it mine. That gave me £3,000 to spend without breaking the bank.

First thing was to ditch the horrid Maxxis tyres for some Metzeler Roadtec 09s. Big improvement. Then the brake pads were changed for Brembos. More feel and more power. Suspension happens tomorrow.

Later, when money allows, I'll fit a full titanium Akra system and have it flashed to suit. Callipers and, maybe, wheels will follow. The bike's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.