KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VIP member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycle.com's annual trip to Laguna Seca WSBK featured a wide variety of bikes, each chosen by the editor that rode them. Naturally, I chose the 790 Duke – because I'm nuts. I think it held its own with bikes that cost a minimum of $5,000 more than it. The other contestants were: Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, BMW S1000R, Ducati Supersport S, and MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso SCS.

Take a read and tell me what you think.

https://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/writers-choice-mos-wsbk-sport-touring-showdown

Or you can watch the other guys tease me here:

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
Wow! What an amazing experience. Those mountain roads looked like such a blast. Seemed like everyone stuck wt their original choices. That one fella gave it to ya for sure, lolz. How do you all compare as riders?

I’ll get to reading, as I recently watched the whole video.

·
VIP member
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, everyone stuck with their choice. Pride was involved.

We need for people from this forum to go vote for the 790at the end of the story to show my horsepower blinded coworkers the power of the 790 Duke’s following.

·
a d m i n .
151,147 Posts
Of course, everyone stuck with their choice. Pride was involved.

We need for people from this forum to go vote for the 790at the end of the story to show my horsepower blinded coworkers the power of the 790 Duke’s following.
You prolly noticed, but I linked up the story on two facebook groups, hoping to garner some votes. :smile_big:

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Great content Evans. Only problem is that all but one are mistaken. The Duke is the best :wink:

JD, have you watched the race today? New avatar...

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
I did. we are not looking good, though...

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Watch it!

BTW, what about opening a MotoGP thread? I thought about it but did not know in which section.

I think we need a call to vote, as well!

Reactions: J D

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory: $19,481
BMW S1000R: $16,519
Ducati Supersport S: $17,031
KTM 790 Duke: $11,292
MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso SCS: $22,998

Just saying...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory: $19,481
BMW S1000R: $16,519
Ducati Supersport S: $17,031
KTM 790 Duke: $11,292
MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso SCS: $22,998

Just saying...
My 790 had an oil weep from the tapet cover gasket, while they were resealing the cover i asked themto do a valve clearance check, as my 790 has done 4 track days, well the clearances were spot on, my mate on his Tuono 1100 had been reading about how many of his forum members Tuono's had valve clearance issues early on on their low milage bikes so he thought he would get a valve clearance check at 3000kms, the bike hadn't seen any track time but for peace of mind, and low and behold 2 exhaust valves were out of speck (too tight) Not at damage level, but tight enough to need adjusting. So price tag doesn't always reflect build quality. (PS his suspension is amazing tho). Ive had 2 Tuono's, great bikes, but I've no need for 160 hp on the road. (160hp touring bike is cool tho)

·
Super-Moderator
717 Posts
1. So price tag doesn't always reflect build quality. (PS his suspension is amazing tho).

2. ...I've no need for 160 hp on the road. (160hp touring bike is cool tho)
Agree with both statements.

There are a lot of great bikes, but I found, just lately, that I only have one ass. I love the idea of having multiple bikes in the stable. I can even support the idea financially. But a the end of the day I am very practical (and even having one bike pushes the limit of practicality).

During times that I had multiple bikes I found that I ride one of them 95% of the time.

I am aware,m though, that the above is very personal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts