KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks to me like these bikes are using the same swingarm. Has anyone tried fitting the Husqy rear fender from the Vitpilen 701, which would move license plate, brake light, and turn signals from the subframe to a swingarm mounted splash guard?

edit: well.. maybe not the brake light.. unless you replace the husqy turn signals with multi-function lights

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's interesting. Would really clean up the tail on the 790. Looks like you'd have to run your own wiring from under the seat down along the swingarm but shouldn't be too bad if you know what you're doing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked my dealer, as well. Initially, he said that he doesn't *think* it would work--but he's tracking down part numbers to confirm whether there's an incompatibility issue. I'll update this, when he gets back to me. The only similar solution I've seen is the fender eliminator by access design, but it's $815US.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did a quick look up on the part numbers. The Husky and KTM have different part numbers for the swingarm and they have a few differences but the location where the license plate holder arm mounts to looks identical on both. I'd give it a very good chance that it would bolt right on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I got this info second hand. There are some slight differences, where the arm for the hugger would mate to the swingarm. Depending on what those differences might be--I have a dremel, and will fix it. A friend found someone who pulled the hugger from his 701, and I'm waiting to hear about price.

·
Super-Member
606 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts