KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Thanks for correcting my terminology, re PCD. I know it in Hebrew... Wasn't sure about the English/Spanish.
You cannot expect to leave me wanting in comprehension of the Hebrew meaning.
Again my drunken apologies - I see things in various European Languages and simply understand. Our cleaning lady has promised to teach me Romanian, I love language - the art of communication. It's a drug.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I know, I know... Not very elegant, though...
If it were me . I'd go for A4 Stainless or some good 10.9 steel and I'd ceramic them. Like 2 grams will matter! - OK maybe 2oz. Found Ti M10*1.25*65 on Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
Iv borrowed a 2017 1290 rotor from a friend to test fit.

The rottweiler kit comes with 4 factory KTM M10 x 1.25 x 65mm caliper bolts. Does anyone know a part number for these or what bike they are off so I can just order from my local bike shop?
Any update on fitment?

·
Registered
2020 890DUKE R
10 Posts
I had distortion on the 790 standard rotor but also on 890DUKE R, then replaced by warranty. Now I have ordered SUNSTAR rotor for my 890DUKE R and waiting delivery. I don't know you can buy in your region, but I can recommend SUNSTAR. I have been used many years in racing (CBR954RR/CBR1000RR) without any problem. You can choose several options to fit your requirement and style;

Outer rotor type : Hole / Hole and Slit (Lightness / Cleaning)
Thickness : 5.0mm / 5.5mm (Heat capacity / Feel)
Inner rotor design : (Stiffness / Lightness)
Floating type : Full floating / Semi floating (Heat capacity / Long life floating pin)

IMG_4933-768x512.jpeg

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
@QCS - What about SFS? - Has to be an option - given they are about half the price of anything else. Looks as if they are on holiday (according to ebay) right now.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
@QCS - What about SFS? - Has to be an option - given they are about half the price of anything else. Looks as if they are on holiday (according to ebay) right now.
My experienced with the SFS on the 1290 is very good. Coupled with the HH pads the 320s provide very strong stopping power with two up. That's a heavy bike. OEM fit.. No issues at all, for a good few thousand miles. I would highly recommend.

They don't have anything listed for the 790/890. So it really comes down to fitment of the SDR rotors on the bike. In case that it works, I will probably try. ~$270, shipped pair. 3 days from Turkey to the US. No brainer.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
21 - 40 of 54 Posts