KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
It is especially so at the moment. No traffic at all.

Sadly 😁 I "had" to go to work today, and again sadly 😁 it was dry, warm and sunny. And (terrible shame) I did not have to carry any PC's etc so had to take a bike.

I am nowhere near being a hard, fast or aggressive rider these days - I picked up a tail near the start and was waiting to be passed - he did eventually on the long straight. But straights are dull. I have the R3 for straights. Damn it'll be fun in the hairpins bit with a smaller front sprocket.

I was thinking though - GOD! - I'm glad this is not a 1290SDR. I think I might be glad it's not an 890 either - I might push past my abilities.

·
Registered
42 Posts
@EvansB2 what exactly was so different other than the power? Haven’t you upgraded your suspension on the 790 to beyond-890 spec? And gotten close on the brakes?

·
VIP member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@EvansB2 what exactly was so different other than the power? Haven’t you upgraded your suspension on the 790 to beyond-890 spec? And gotten close on the brakes?
My suspension is better, but it could be that I’ve spent the time setting it up. If you don’t need to adjust the preload for your weight, the 890 should be able to get pretty dang similar. I thought I would be close on the brakes, but I was wrong. My brakes are very good. The 890’s are otherworldly. I also like the new riding position with the flatter bar.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My suspension is better, but it could be that I’ve spent the time setting it up. If you don’t need to adjust the preload for your weight, the 890 should be able to get pretty dang similar. I thought I would be close on the brakes, but I was wrong. My brakes are very good. The 890’s are otherworldly. I also like the new riding position with the flatter bar.
Fair enough! That riding position should be easily replicable for you ;)

·
VIP member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Could you tell me what is the make of your front number plate ?
The only one I was able to find is from s2concept witch seems nice but i would like to compare.
thanks

You will need to buy the headlight support and other hardware if you plan on switching it out for every track day rather than making it permanent.

·
Registered
135 Posts

You will need to buy the headlight support and other hardware if you plan on switching it out for every track day rather than making it permanent.
Ok thank you, i have one more question (sorry I forgot to ask at the same time) do you have an headlight dongle or if you just live with error on the dashboard while at the track ?

·
VIP member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok thank you, i have one more question (sorry I forgot to ask at the same time) do you have an headlight dongle or if you just live with error on the dashboard while at the track ?
I just click out of the error message every time I start the bike.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts