KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a cheap slip on for my 790 because I can't stand the look of the stock pipe and stole the SC Project to put on my 890. The bike will be for sale any day now, but for $76, I figured I would give it a shot. Honestly, it's a pretty decent pipe. Considerably lighter than stock, No instructions, but fit Ok. Definitely not like a glove like my SC Project, but it was 10x more. It came with a SUPER restrictive DB killer that made it sound like stock, but as soon as I removed it, it sounds on part with my SC. Definitely worth the money spent. Took 3.5 weeks or so to get from China.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Rokbagoro graphics kit is really cool. I had another hi-res shot so I figured I'd add it. Now on to the exhaust pics.

·
Super-FastGuy
'20 890R
552 Posts
Hows about a sound clip with DB plug in and out for your good friends???

Link to the item on ebay?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hows about a sound clip with DB plug in and out for your good friends???

Link to the item on ebay?
I did do soundclips with my gopro. I just have to go through them. It honestly sounds close to the SC Project with the DB out, just slightly more quiet. It pretty much sounds stock with the ridiculous DB killer in. I can't say I'd put it on an 890, but if you're just trying to make a 790 sound better, it's not a bad deal.

Looks like they even sell a full decat setup with slipon for $107.. You can throw the akra map on and be crazy loud on a budget lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just installed the same pipe, in black. Bought mine from AliExpress, around the same price $46 USD plus $26 USD shipping. DHL Courier got it to me in Canada in 7 days! I'm amazed at the quality of this slip-on, really pleasantly surprised, considering it's so inexpensive. Fitment was an absolute breeze, and all required hardware was included. It's slightly louder than stock with the dB killer in, but with a deeper growl. I'm not looking for noise, so the sound is perfect for me. And no more melted turn signal issues, which was another reason I wanted to try it out. No loss in power at all with this pipe, unlike some other slip-ons, in fact it might even be a tad more peppy! The first time I tried it, it seemed to take off swifter than I was used to, and I looked down to see if I was in Sport mode, but it was still in my regular Street mode for my commute! The one thing I did was tell the vendor I did not want a fake brand sticker on it, which they duly took care of.

Link if interested: US $44.39 12% OFF|Motorcycle Exhaust Connect Tube Muffler Escape Tip Silencer with DB Killer Slip on System for KTM 790 DUKE 790|Exhaust & Exhaust Systems| - AliExpress

IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG

·
Super-Moderator
121 Posts
It's usually challenging to get a sound reading from a YT vid, but that sounds pretty darn good! :coffee:

You think the SC and others are pricey. I was pricing them for a Duc V4, (not that I've bought one as of yet), and the 'zorst cost $5K, fuggg.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's usually challenging to get a sound reading from a YT vid, but that sounds pretty darn good! :coffee:

You think the SC and others are pricey. I was pricing them for a Duc V4, (not that I've bought one as of yet), and the 'zorst cost $5K, fuggg.
No kidding, after-market exhausts are such a rip off, it's ridiculous. At this price, if this one lasts a year, I'll have had good value from it!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts