KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mossy is a throwback to less PC times, and yes you hear the same old platitudes from them both (KTM feels "agricultural" "still has it's niggles", Triumph is "too refined, lost it's edge" but still a really entertaining watch IMO.

Dyno graphs as well for those interested.

·
Cry Baby
158 Posts
I'm hearing impaired and I really could not understand what those guys were saying.

George Bernard Shaw said it best... USA and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language.

·
Super Moderator
'20 Street Triple 765
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hearing impaired and I really could not understand what those guys were saying. They might as well have been speaking German or Swahili.

George Bernard Shaw said it best... USA and Great Britain are "two nations separated by a common language."

Yes I know some people say it was Winston Churchill, some say it was Oscar Wilde, but that's not really the point.
Lemme translate that for you:

- 890R gives them tingles in their nether regions

- 765RS gives them Patriotic, yet much more subdued tingles.

I loved their analogy of the 890R being the "crazy teenager at a nightclub taking shots and sniffing Coke off a Hooker while the 765RS is a guy named Nigel sipping Sherry at the Golf Club."

There ya go, all caught up now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm hearing impaired and I really could not understand what those guys were saying. They might as well have been speaking German or Swahili.

George Bernard Shaw said it best... USA and Great Britain are "two nations separated by a common language."

Yes I know some people say it was Winston Churchill, some say it was Oscar Wilde, but that's not really the point.
Thanks, that helped a LOT! ;-)

I kinda don't care what they think about the 890. I only care what I think about my 890. Other opinions don't matter much to me.
we don’t
Thanks, that helped a LOT! ;-)

I kinda don't care what they think about the 890. I only care what I think about my 890. Other opinions don't matter much to me.
We don’t take too much notice of Pom motorcycle tests on this side of the world either. This was confirmed recently when some guy I have never heard of (Neeves or similar) reckoned that the 890 was only any good as a second or third motorcycle. Apparently it is no good as an everyday bike and no good on the track either. As you say, who cares what they think. I reckon you have to own a 790 or 890 to understand.

·
Registered
613 Posts
we don’t

We don’t take too much notice of Pom motorcycle tests on this side of the world either. This was confirmed recently when some guy I have never heard of (Neeves or similar) reckoned that the 890 was only any good as a second or third motorcycle. Apparently it is no good as an everyday bike and no good on the track either. As you say, who cares what they think. I reckon you have to own a 790 or 890 to understand.
I rate channels like Lamb Chops Rides and 44 Teeth quite highly to be honest. You're not speaking for all Aussie's mate....

Neeves has been around for ages and is very well known but I didn't agree with some of his comments either.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I rate channels like Lamb Chops Rides and 44 Teeth quite highly to be honest. You're not speaking for all Aussie's mate....

Neeves has been around for ages and is very well known but I didn't agree with some of his comments either.
Fair enough. I have never heard of Lamb Chops or 44 Teeth either - sounds like a menu at a restaurant to me. I just prefer to get my information a bit closer to home and form my own opinions (don’t have to listen to so much whinging that way).

·
Registered
613 Posts
Fair enough. I have never heard of Lamb Chops or 44 Teeth either - sounds like a menu at a restaurant to me. I just prefer to get my information a bit closer to home and form my own opinions (don’t have to listen to so much whinging that way).
I watch a lot of different reviews but only trust myself in the end. I always find it funny when I see people asking the internet which bike they should buy.

Unless someone is giving me a bike for free then it's totally up to them haha

·
Cry Baby
158 Posts
I came for the bike review but stayed for the goat noises in the background

View attachment 4801
That dyno chart says exactly why I prefer an engine like the 890's over the 765. The 890 has significantly more hp and torque everywhere I like to operate an engine. The 765 beats it at 12K rpms, but I would have shifted LONG before that happens. I like the big fat midrange and low end of the 890 for the kind of riding I do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.