KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marc Marquez rides the new 2020 CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP

Admin. edit: If you're in the USA, that's where the fantasy ends.

Allegedly, here in North America, (Canada & the USA), we're not getting the new base 2020 1000RR-R, but last years model as the base CBR. We could receive a few dozen 2021 1000RR-R SP's, if you can get one, they are priced at $28,500-

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts
The guys on the racing forum I'm on dubbed it the Pirate bike due to all the Arggh's!!!!

Argh Matey - that Honda better be good to have 4 R's!

·
Super-Moderator
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have ridden Hondas for years and it is my go-to bike. That said, it was left behind over the past years. Will be interesting to see if it can move higher up the heap.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts
I laak it..
That's a guess and apparently a photoshop made before it was confirmed to have active aero on it as it doesn't shows the glorious Wings it'll come with. Or, maybe this is the new base RR and the RR-R will come with active aero and other bits and bobs...

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts
A cool vid released of Marc riding it at Montmello as well - good ole Honda boy earning his paycheck! LOL...

Can't wait to see how Bautista and Haslam go on it in WSBK next year.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts

·
A d m i n .
151,021 Posts
I'm laughing a bit right now, I hope I'm incorrect with what I'm about to say, but I think Honda may be screwing us here in the States?

The way I'm reading a number of different sources is that the new base CBR1000RR-R is not coming to the States, but it is going to the UK.

As of right now, the current model 2019 CBR1000rr will be here for 2020, as well as very limited, (and probable super-pricey), 2021 CBR1000RR-R SP, will be whats coming to the States.

Please prove me wrong... (not happy, haha).

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts
I'm laughing a bit right now, I hope I'm incorrect with what I'm about to say, but I think Honda may be screwing us here in the States?
Please prove me wrong... (not happy, haha).
Sadly - that's correct. A Racing forum I'm on has confirmed the same thing.

1000 units of the SP worldwide so no clue how many of those will land in the US but the current '19 Gen will be offered as their street guy CBR1000.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts
No. I'm still not 100% sure on what the heck Honda is planning to build/ship/homologate but I was under the initial impression they were going to build a cool SP for the masses like they have now ala R1M and price it at $26-$27k AND a 1000 unit extra spicy SP in limited quantities ala Panigale R to give them an edge in WSBK for say $40K.

Now I think it's clearer that they are only planning the SP of which there will be 1000 units, available in June so too late for anyone wanting to race it this year.

·
A d m i n .
151,021 Posts
Now I think it's clearer that they are only planning the SP of which there will be 1000 units, available in June so too late for anyone wanting to race it this year.
I may be wrong with this, but I thought the quantity of Homologation was 500/worldwide each year, for 2 years, (total of 1000 units).

If that is true, I would think just a few hundred, at most, would make it to NA?

Either way, it's kinda academic for me, if they're selling for 40K.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
491 Posts
I may be wrong with this, but I thought the quantity of Homologation was 500/worldwide each year, for 2 years, (total of 1000 units).

If that is true, I would think just a few hundred, at most, would make it to NA?

Either way, it's kinda academic for me, if they're selling for 40K.
From the FIM rule book:

1.2.1 Homologations for Superbike, Supersport
a) The maximum retail price for the homologated model:
i) The maximum retail price for Superbike 1000 class motorcycle
is 40.000 Euro.
ii) The maximum retail price for class motorcycle is 33.000 Euro.
iii) The maximum retail price for Supersport class motorcycle is
20.000 Euro.
b) The minimum number of motorcycles to be produced are:
i) 125 units of the motorcycle model intended to be raced at the
time of homologation inspection visit.
ii) and 250 units on the 31st December of the homologation visit/year
and 500 units on the 31st December of the following year.

So they could sell for up to $45Kish but that has no bearing on what they will sell for of course.

·
A d m i n .
151,021 Posts
From the FIM rule book:
i) 125 units of the motorcycle model intended to be raced at the
time of homologation inspection visit.
ii) and 250 units on the 31st December of the homologation visit/year
and 500 units on the 31st December of the following year.

So they could sell for up to $45Kish but that has no bearing on what they will sell for of course.

Ok,we got the quantity close, now just wondering on price, ya know it’s going to be high. :crying:

Quote from Cycle News:

“We’ll focus on the SP, as this is the one coming to the U.S. American Honda is not importing (as yet) the base-model RR-R.”

https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/11/article/2021-cbr1000rr-r-fireblade-sp-first-look/

1 - 20 of 35 Posts