KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post, looking for some advice from shorter riders. I went to my local KTM dealer to sit on the Duke 890r for my new bike, I'm 5'6" with short legs and had to tippy toe which is not confidence inspiring. I saw the pillion seat which has a -20mm seat height and was wondering if any shorter riders use one, does it make much difference? also, there's a lowering kit which lowers the bike 25mm but i'm guessing it also affects the geometry of the bike. What other methods can i use to gain some stand over without affecting geo of the bike? I'm coming off a heavily modded FZ07 which fit me great.

Registered
Hi and welcome thinking about the lowering kit that lowers the rear shock and the shorter side stand to keep the bikes geometry you could drop the forks 25mm through the yoke. not sure about the seat a pair of these boots may help.
馃榿

Registered
Hey, I thought similar to you and so I ordered the lowered seat from Day 1. Unfortunately it was a huge flop - they seemed to lower the middle padding of the seat, but the border of the seat felt like it was the same height. The result was that it actually seemed to lever my legs further from the pavement.
I have put 5000km on my bike now on tippy-tippy-tip-toes and I feel very confident on this bike. Low speed handling is telepathic. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts