KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Super Moderator
'09 CBR1000RR
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bike is located in Victoria, BC, Canada and all prices are in Canadian dollars.

• 6300kms (3,900 miles)
  • KTM Tech Package installed - Quickshifter/autoblip, Track mode, Supermoto ABS, etc... ($726)
  • slip on exhaust
  • D.I.D. ERV7 520 Superbike chain
  • bar end mirrors
  • all OEM parts included - exhaust, passenger seat, passenger pegs, grab rail, mirrors, owners folder, 2nd key
  • New Bridgestone S22 tires installed 2 weeks ago at 3700kms (2,300 miles)
  • First service completed at local KTM dealer at 1000kms, next one not until 15,000kms (I set service reminder at 9,000kms to have 8,000km intervals as that's my preference)
  • 10 months factory transferable warranty remaining.
  • delivery available for a firm sale to Lower Mainland (Vancouver area).
Full disclosure - the bike is scheduled to go back to KTM dealership Tuesday July 7th for replacement rotors and Brembo pads as they have had a very slight warp in them since breakin so the bike will have new rotors and pads along with a new Brembo brake fluid reservoir which has a very minor weeping issue. It's also had the countershaft seal replaced and the chain was squealing (chirping) so KTM warrantied the D.I.D chain which is fantastic.

KTM Canada released just 30 of these new models for 2020, only 13 in Western Canada which I believe are all sold out at BC dealers. 2021's aren't scheduled to arrive until November. The 890R comes with top spec components like Brembo Stylema Calipers, Brembo adjustable RCS master cylinder, WP Apec adjustable forks and shock, and lean angle IMU based 6-axis traction control.

This bike is now 8 weeks old and has zero blemishes - cosmetically a 10/10. As it is in the photo's is how I keep all of my bikes - meticulously clean and well maintained, even in the short 8 weeks of ownership this bike has been garage stored and spotless.

$13,999 ($10,300USD for reference)

Attachments

Super Moderator
WTF???

Super Moderator
'09 CBR1000RR
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
890R now has 7800km's on it and I've lowered the asking price.

$9,600 USD

$12,499 CDN (bike can be shipped ANYWHERE in Canada by a local Motorcycle shipping company owned by Paul Mondor - avid motorcyclist.)

Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
What is the slip on? I assume it is one of the Asian manufactured ones. How does it sound?

Super Moderator
'09 CBR1000RR
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the slip on? I assume it is one of the Asian manufactured ones. How does it sound?
We call em "Ali-povic" (bought on AliExpress as Akrapovic) or Fakra's (faux Akra).

Sounds amazing (I run DB killer out and it's louder than stock but not obnoxious like SC Project, Arrow twin cans, or Austin Racing, Spark, etc.. - those are brutally loud.) and IMO one of the best looking out there.

I can literally buy a new one EVERY year and still save money over a real Akra after 10 years of ownership.

Saves a hair under 4lbs and install takes 45 minutes or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.