KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people anyone have a bunch of problems with there bike...? Well i do!
1500kms! got weird sqeaking noise somewhere oil leak from valve cover gasket.
Today realized that when i wash my bike water gets in the gas cap area not a great start with the new bike.

·
a d m i n .
151,080 Posts
Moving this from General to New Member. Please read numerous posts on the minor potential issues that some have experienced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today realized that when i wash my bike water gets in the gas cap area not a great start with the new bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured that was it and valve cover gasket will be changed under warranty. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
201 Posts
Mine did too. The drain hose was pinched against the frame. Easy fix.

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
141 Posts
It would be interesting to know whether some of these issues are more common in bikes that have been built in China, rather than India. KTM moved their production facilities to China about a year ago as I understand. Just wondering.

·
Registered
790 Duke 2020
141 Posts
Correction. Apparently the China factory is not on stream yet. (Thanks The Mekon)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that the China factory will produce bikes for emerging markets and European / US bikes wold still be produced in Austria.

I think It's in this interview with Stefan Pierer I posted a while ago.

·
a d m i n .
151,080 Posts
It would be interesting to know whether some of these issues are more common in bikes that have been built in China, rather than India. KTM moved their production facilities to China about a year ago as I understand. Just wondering.
I‘m also under the impression that the 790 and 890s are still produced in Austria.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts