·
a d m i n .
151,080 Posts
Hey there Bill, sharp lookin’ ride you’ve got there! :cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys I love it got big plans for it I did have a question I was wondering if the Rev limiter was set from the factory seems like she coughs around 6,000 or 6,500 only 200 miles so farAnd will I be able to set the rev limiter myself thank you in advance

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome, and yes that's normal. That's the running-in rev-limit for the first 1000Km (~621 miles) - it will reset automatically when you pass that distance.

You should get the first service done then to remove the running-in oil and let them recalibrate the shift-shaft sensor to improve the clutchless shifts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks DMA you gave me more information in 5 minutes then my dealer did in an hour really appreciate it Love this forum

·
Registered
2020 KTM Duke, '72 Norton Commando, '62 BSA C-15, '82 Suzuki PE 175
276 Posts
Hey Bill and welcome!
I've done a bit of riding in the beautiful and hilly state of Tennessee . Your new 790 should be perfect, enjoy!
Bottoms Up!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Bill and welcome!
I've done a bit of riding in the beautiful and hilly state of Tennessee . Your new 790 should be perfect, enjoy!
Bottoms Up!
Hey Bill and welcome!
Bottoms Up!
Thank you sir I'm looking forward to it

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We're looking at property Norris Lake area who knows maybe someday we :)can jam m8

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the forum! East TN has some of the best roads and scenic views for riding! I am located in the Kingsport area and love it here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats on the bike! I'm in Knoxville area, and gotta agree that east TN has some of the best roads.
Seems like there should be East TN meet up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
East Tennessee meet up sounds good I live on the outskirts of Maryville couple miles from Foothills Parkway, I’ll agree with both of you rode all over the country some of the best rating is in East Tennessee North Carolina Georgia moved here 14 years ago from Northwest Ohio

1 - 20 of 23 Posts