KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 KTM 790 Duke
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some Brembo calipers and a Brembo MC I’m going to install on my 2020 790 Duke. I know some bikes with ABS need to be connected to a computer at a dealer to properly set them up, but I’ve read of people doing the same install at home. Can anyone confirm if I can complete the install?

·
Registered
40 Posts
shouldnt be a problem. make sure you start bleeding at the furthest point from the reservoir and work your way closer, including the master cylinder

·
Registered
172 Posts
I replaced all lines with brembo MC and calipers. Myself I first added fluid in MC and worked lever to build pressure slightly and bleed MC, then added more fluid and worked on either caliper as line from MC to each caliper is same path to equal split under TT. Add fluid, build pressure by activating lever and hold then burp bleeder, repeat. Move to other caliper doing same. Then back to top bleed MC and do forth do calipers. Do test ride and if comfortable try and get ABS to kick in to actuate abs pump. Go home Rebleed all over again as needed Mine was pretty simple. Good luck

·
Registered
2020 KTM 790 Duke
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced all lines with brembo MC and calipers. Myself I first added fluid in MC and worked lever to build pressure slightly and bleed MC, then added more fluid and worked on either caliper as line from MC to each caliper is same path to equal split under TT. Add fluid, build pressure by activating lever and hold then burp bleeder, repeat. Move to other caliper doing same. Then back to top bleed MC and do forth do calipers. Do test ride and if comfortable try and get ABS to kick in to actuate abs pump. Go home Rebleed all over again as needed Mine was pretty simple. Good luck
Awesome, that’s what I’ll do, thank you for the reply! Did you replace the brake lines as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts