KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

2020 790 differences over previous model?

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  rft 
#1 ·
Apart from the paint are there any other changes?
🤔

#7 ·
Morning guys. Just joined as my 2020 gets delivered on Saturday.
FYI KTM have just launched a new offer so the 2020 is now 7500 brand new. I just got 500 cashback yesterday as I’d smashed em down from 9k!!(I know) to 8000.
cheers. Stu.
Hi Stu and welcome!

Yeah I saw that offer which was the reason for this thread. But probably not worth me updating from my 2018 just for the paint!

Good luck for Saturday and have fun running in!
:p
Booney

#10 ·
Yes there is a rev limiter and the limit is increased usually on the first service. But you’ll have plenty to play with and running in is about progressively increasing the load on not only
the engine but the brakes, chassis, and tyres. It’s a good way of getting acquainted!

#15 ·
According to the EU forum, there are some minor differences in the cylinder head and coolant connection (old was oval and new is round). Open the thread in Chrome and put the Google translator to work

#17 ·
Hope you guys realise that small ktms will continue to be made in India, mid size 790s (890?) will from June be made by CFMoto in China, (apparently to increased tolerances) and big Vtwins will continue to be in Austria.
Thats why I bought a 2018 made in Austria bike.
Two reasons, quality is one, second is I want to minimise anything I buy from China, I know that will be difficult but every purchase counts.

#18 ·
If worth, I purchased a "2020" 790 duke last week, with the new black & oange wheels color scheme (loving it BTW). To me, is exactly the same bike (riden a 2018 from a friend) . And I put the year between quotes because my bike was manufactured in Austria October 2019.. so.. not truly a 2020 (although they sold it to me as a year 2020 model :( )

#19 ·
Actually the model year for your bike is correct even if it was manufactured before the actual year even started! The MY refers to the actual specific specifications that the bike is built to and all manufacturers start producing these new models well in advance in order to meet anticipated demand. It also usually gives them plenty of time to try and off load last years model!
Anyway just enjoy those orange wheels!
Best
Booney

Reactions: DrogocoP
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.