KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another nail biter and a new, old world champion crowned.

Interesting race offering a glimpse into the future of MotoGP, for years to come.

Recommended!

·
Registered
41 Posts
El Diablo's value must be jumping race by race.
Only rider close to MM93 and he's on a satellite bike, none of the factories close.
Quartararo is getting a factory bike next year, just hope Yamaha can give it more HP.
Same with Suzuki, Ducati work out better corner speed, KTM sort out everything.

Here's to closer racing next year.

·
Registered
281 Posts
El Diablo's value must be jumping race by race.
Only rider close to MM93 and he's on a satellite bike, none of the factories close.
Quartararo is getting a factory bike next year, just hope Yamaha can give it more HP.
Same with Suzuki, Ducati work out better corner speed, KTM sort out everything.

Here's to closer racing next year.
He apparently had more revs for the Thai gp, I think MM would have romped it but for the practice crash he had.
He must’ve been hurting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only Three Pilot in the game, Marquez, Quarta and Vinales... The others have taken 0,5 s by lap and more with the sames bikes :surprise:

:devil: El diablo :devil: makes us happy this year. Even if we feel that Marquez 93 control the races, there is a fight for the qualifications and a bit for the race.

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
427 Posts
Can some merciful diety please lift Marc off of the Honda and pop him down on say the Suzuki next year?

Ducati would be worse, the Yamaha, likely also worse, KTM - Hmmm... , he'd likely hurt himself and a LOT of Austrian machinery.

Aprilia - jesus, enough already - they can't even give poor Aleix a bike that'll make it 24 laps.

·
A d m i n .
151,126 Posts
Can some merciful diety please lift Marc off of the Honda and pop him down on say the Suzuki next year?

Ducati would be worse, the Yamaha, likely also worse, KTM - Hmmm... , he'd likely hurt himself and a LOT of Austrian machinery.

Aprilia - jesus, enough already - they can't even give poor Aleix a bike that'll make it 24 laps.
Yes please..

·
Registered
89 Posts

Amen :angel:

·
Registered
41 Posts

If MM93 wants to be the genuine GOAT he will have to win championships with 3 different manufacturers.
5 riders have done it with 2 manufacturers.
He's so competitive he'll be looking at this as his next challenge.

I've planned his future (hoping I'll get a commission, 0.1% of contracts will be ok, thanks Mark)
21-22 Ducati Championship in 2022
23-24 Suzuki Championship in 2023 and 2024

When he leaves Honda their bike will be struggling against Aprillia for years:smile_big:

·
Super-Moderator
'20 890R
427 Posts
If MM93 wants to be the genuine GOAT he will have to win championships with 3 different manufacturers.

I've planned his future (hoping I'll get a commission, 0.1% of contracts will be ok, thanks Mark)

When he leaves Honda their bike will be struggling against Aprillia for years:smile_big:
I don't really think it's necessary to win on different bikes when you factor in the fact that the Honda is universally recognized as nowhere close to being a dominant bike like the Ducati or Yamaha.

Just look at what racers do when leaving the Yamaha and move on to manufacturers like KTM - Zarco, Bradley, Espargaro - all suffer huge compared to their results on the Yamaha. Same goes for the Honda - Morbidelli, Miller, Nakagami, Lorenzo - all lost and unable to get anywhere on the RCV compared to Marc.

Rumor has it MM93 is already in the final stages of another 2 year extension with HRC anyways, that;ll put him at 29 years old and possibly 10-11 World Titles - if so there's no question of GOAT status at that point.

·
Super-Moderator
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

Not going to happen. although he is relatively young, I am not sure he has the time. The field is changing fast and new blood is getting more competitive. This, in a way, was the genius of Rossi being able to win the championship first year on a Yamaha, coming from a completely different bike. Didn't even get close on a Ducati and lost time that could allowed him a 10th title.

Marc is amazing. It just seems that his style fits the Honda very well. He is just muscling it around. Not sure a Yamaha or Suzuki will work that well for him.

BTW, here is what Rossi had to say about his rival's title(s) run:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/gossip/930997/1/motogp-gossip-rossi-marquez-will-beat-my-world-title-haul

He should have probably be at ten, in 2015, but it ended up differently. Marc will, most probably, get to ten or more, but I don't think he will have one with a different manufacturer.

At the end of the day, deciding on a GOAT is not that simple. Some are bigger/better than others in some aspects of the sport.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts