KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 790-DUKE-Riders,

I've bought a set of wider/bigger Puigo-foot pegs to change out my original ones, but can't see any way to get them off easily?! Do I have to hammer out the little bolt, since it doesn't seem to be screwed in place?! Many thanks in advance for all serious and helpful advise !

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hey 790-DUKE-Riders,

I've bought a set of wider/bigger Puigo-foot pegs to change out my original ones, but can't see any way to get them off easily?! Do I have to hammer out the little bolt, since it doesn't seem to be screwed in place?! Many thanks in advance for all serious and helpful advise !
I removed the rear foot rests to add the pillion peg sliders - if it's the same setup at the front there will be a circlip to remove first and then you need to drift the peg out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey 790-DUKE-Riders,

There is a circlip holding the pin in and the pin is pressed in itself so hard to get off. You really need to take the whole rearset off.

MUCH easier if you use a impact wrench as the top bolt is attached to the swingarm pivot. One side is easy to get off but the other side will just spin and the swingarm pivot is not keyed so you have nothing to grip on.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I changed my pegs without removing the brackets. First side was 20-30mins to figure out my tool combo, other side was 5mins. Selection of picks to remove the circlip, fine chisel to edge the head of the pin out without damaging anything, and curved forceps (fine locking pliers) to get the clip back in. Annoying if you don't have a selection of tools, cake if you do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed my pegs without removing the brackets. First side was 20-30mins to figure out my tool combo, other side was 5mins. Selection of picks to remove the circlip, fine chisel to edge the head of the pin out without damaging anything, and curved forceps (fine locking pliers) to get the clip back in. Annoying if you don't have a selection of tools, cake if you do.
Great, many thanks for all the good and useful advise, I'll give that a try👍🙏🙂!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.