KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 KTM 790 Duke with Ohlins and Brembo up grades. Bike has 2,227 miles on it and has had zero issues. Always garage kept. Factory warranty still good till November 2021. Bike service and front brake master cylinder install completed by a KTM certified shop. Fully adjustable Ohlins rear shock and Ohlins NIX 30 fork cartridge kit installed by Fast Bike Industries. Suspension is set up for a 210 lb. rider and was a $2200 cost. The front master cylinder is a Brembo 19 RCS and front brake pads are replaced with EBC HH Sintered ones. Other add on are KTM OEM led turn signals, tidy tail and bar end mirrors. Comes the OEM take off parts and the items that came from the dealer when I purchased it. I also have the invoices for the service and suspension change over. I do have the clear title in hand.
Located in Kingsport, TN.
Price is $8700

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
63 Posts
Wow really nice bike with all the upgrades.

Gotta ask why you would be selling it cuz it is just broke in and all dialed in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! The suspension and handling are awesome on this bike without a doubt. Had a SD 1290 R before this bike and all my previous bikes were 1200cc or larger. I am wanting something with a little more zip than the 790. Hopefully can find a bike with similar handling but a good bit more power. And don't get me wrong the 790 is not a slouch by any means.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
63 Posts
Thanks! The suspension and handling are awesome on this bike without a doubt. Had a SD 1290 R before this bike and all my previous bikes were 1200cc or larger. I am wanting something with a little more zip than the 790. Hopefully can find a bike with similar handling but a good bit more power. And don't get me wrong the 790 is not a slouch by any means.
Would the 890 fit the bill?

I heard it is a torque monster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might. The torque of a v twin has always fit my riding style. I keep hearing conflicting comparisons. Some say the 890 is a night and day difference from the 790 and others are saying it is slightly better power wise. Would love to test ride one but the 890 is a unicorn around here. The 1290 is bonkers when it comes to the motor but no way handles as nice as the 790 in the twisty corners. So I am defiantly looking at the 890.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
63 Posts
I read that too. The last report I read the guy was saying that it was way easier to loft the front wheel in the first 3 gears on his 890 compared to his 790. That statement says a lot about the power delivery.

Good luck on your quest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts