KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put the 15 to sprocket on and the snatchiness is almost gone I only rode it around the block and the chain still needs to be tightened but it's night and day difference

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only glitchs I really ran into was weird number one I didn't have a lockring on there like a it was just a star ring spacer and when I went to put the plastic cover back on it wouldn't fit properly and I realized there's a connector on the bottom against the piece in the back you have to make sure it's out of the way for the holes to line up otherwise it went on great and it feels awesome but the chain is looser I guess the diameter might be smaller on the front sprocket also so that's next on the list also you're going to need some way to hold the wheel my wife wasn't strong enough to hold the brake down or the wheel I had to get a friend. But just going around the block it really seemed great I'll keep you posted

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just did mine today. Will hopefully take it out for a spin tomorrow
Did you find that your chain got looser mine was pretty loose to begin with but it did seem like it got looser like I said I'm not sure if the diameter on the new sprocket is the same but it went on clean

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, 100nm front sprocket nut. 90nm for the rear wheel spindle. Managed to get the nut undone with a breaker bar with one foot on the brake and the front wheel wedged up against the wall. I'd wound the chain adjusters all the way in so I had more chain slack to help removing the old sprocket. Then wound them back out evenly. Will check again after a little ride. Best to run with more slack than you think - the suspension travel takes up a lot of the slack.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah this seems pretty loose to me I know pictures are hard to tell but I think you get the point

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's what I was trying to say it's only got 1500 miles on it so the first service was only done you know a little while ago and the stupid dealerships an hour away and they're jerk off to begin with so and I'll definitely leave it loose but this thing slapping all over the place thanks for confirming I'm not crazy everybody thinks it was just regular loose LOL

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's what I was trying to say it's only got 1500 miles on it so the first service was only done you know a little while ago and the stupid dealerships an hour away and they're jerk off to begin with so and I'll definitely leave it loose but this thing slapping all over the place thanks for confirming I'm not crazy everybody thinks it was just regular loose LOL
Why not just adjust the chain yourself? Just make sure you go by the new method in the 2019+ user manual

1 - 20 of 22 Posts