KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
What tyres are fitted as standard over there? Here they are Maxxis somethings. Ok in the dry, less so in the wet, but not awful. Suspension I can live with for now. Brake pads were changed at first service for brembos. What an improvement!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’ll agree with the tires made the whole bike feel a ton better I can live with the suspension it’s better than I am waiting on some 320 mm front rotors I’ll change the pads then that should bring the brakes up to a pretty good standard

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll agree with the tires made the whole bike feel a ton better I can live with the suspension it’s better than I am waiting on some 320 mm front rotors I’ll change the pads then that should bring the brakes up to a pretty good standard
The more I ride it, it occurs to me that brakes would benefit upgrading

·
Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
201 Posts
I haven't really had an issue with the brakes. I am a light weight (70kgs) but if I pull the lever I get good feel and if I want to slow down more I pull it harder (two fingers) and it stops really quickly. I will fit some EBC HH pads when I need to but quite happy with the performance stock. My RC8s brakes have more initial bite but then under normal road riding conditions I am not using them to anywhere near their maximum.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I haven't really had an issue with the brakes. I am a light weight (70kgs) but if I pull the lever I get good feel and if I want to slow down more I pull it harder (two fingers) and it stops really quickly. I will fit some EBC HH pads when I need to but quite happy with the performance stock. My RC8s brakes have more initial bite but then under normal road riding conditions I am not using them to anywhere near their maximum.
Same for me, brakes and suspension fine, bit stiff at the back but no problems. Just fitted pilot power rs to mine, brilliant.

·
Registered
2020 790 Duke
534 Posts
This is by far the most capable bike I've owned in 45 years of riding.
Suspension mods and proper tires are a must. View attachment 5364
Agreed. Not only the most capable but also the easiest to ride.

Curious what suspension mods you did?

For me the WP suspension is pretty darn good. Thinking they set it up for my weight class 180 to 200 pounds.

My experience with suspension upgrades usually mean stiffer and more harsh, best suited for the track environment and not so much for public roads.

The thing I really like about WP is their valving gives you both a plush ride over the smaller bumps but then stiffens up when it is needed.

With my old bad back I really need something more on the plush side. I will leave the track setup to the younger chaps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts