KTM 790 Duke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guess the forum awarded me a trophy for doing 100 posts.

Wow! Now I am a somebody...Lol.

Not so sure this is a reward. Perhaps it's an indictment of someone who can't control their mouth and keyboard. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I appreciate this forum and all of you who contribute.

Sure seems like we have a really good and lively bunch who hang out here.

Thanks fellas and Cheers mates.

Registered
2018 KTM 790 Duke, 2008 KTM RC8, 2009 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Buell XB12Scg, 1993 Yamaha Vmax.
100 posts in a month! You're a machine.

Registered
Don't strain yourself patting yourself on the back, Hawkerjet.

This is my buddy SoulDaddy on the Aprilia Forum. And he's probably upper mid-pack.

Those guys are seriously hardcore! :cool:

apriliaforum expertSoulDaddy's AvatarJoin DateOct 2004LocationSan Marcos, California, USA Posts 20,178 :eek:
Send a message via Yahoo to SoulDaddy

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't strain yourself patting yourself on the back, Hawkerjet.

This is my buddy SoulDaddy on the Aprilia Forum. And he's probably upper mid-pack.

Those guys are seriously hardcore! :cool:

apriliaforum expertSoulDaddy's Avatar's AvatarJoin DateOct 2004LocationSan Marcos, California, USA Posts 20,178 :eek:
Send a message via Yahoo to SoulDaddy
This Duke forum is quite lively, unlike the Aprilia forum I used to frequent. At least the Dorsoduro part of it.

I would post something and there might be 50 looks and zero replies. Not trivial things but often important technical issues.

Occasionally I go back there for a look. I still have posts that have never been answered.

Then there is the KTM 1190 Adventure forum. Unlike this one, there are some really smug and sometimes hostile folks hanging there. I got bruised and bloodied there more than once.

Pretty sure I have found the sweet spot here when it comes to a motorcycle and it's associated forum.

Thanks guys. Ya'll are the bomb!

Cheers.

Registered
Yeah. I think it might depend on which bike has the most dedicated following. The Dosoduro was a good bike that never seemed to really catch on. It's a pretty road-race crowd over there. The AF1 guys are super dedicated Aprilia nuts and most of the old-timers there seem likewise. At least in the forums I occasionally peruse, I find them highly knowledgeable with tech-stuff.

And, as with any forum there are always some opinionated a-holes who hide behind the safety of their keyboards. I wouldn't take any of that crap seriously.

I've got a highly modified '01 Falco in my garage that I bought new and dearly love, but hardly ride anymore. I've also got a 390 Duke that's a hoot and a half for these old bones! The Dukes just make everything so "easy!"

Registered
2020 790 Duke
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Dukes just make everything so "easy!"
Ditto here.

Exactly what I have been saying about my 790 every time I ride it. It's the easiest to ride street bike I have ever owned.

Plus it makes you look good even when you are not. ;)

Not to mention it looks pretty good in a pic too.
Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire Rim Automotive design

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.