KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had my 790 2 months now and like it very much, it feels so much lighter and lower than my KTM950sm i px for this 790, brakes not as good and suspension not as good as the 950 but they can be changed nps there, the TFT changes is to sensitive and is going black and white all the time and not quite sure what i like best the black or the white !
Best thing on the bike is the quick shifter ! i have removed my cat with a cheap chineese delete pipe for £30 ! lol what a difference with the stock can it sounds awsome and has a crackle like a 2stroke now ! and when you are on the QS thru the gears boy does it make you smile Braaap BANG Braaap BANG Braarp BANG Braarp BANG Braaap BANG just wicked, i also fitted a K&N air filter and a Booster Plug and it has smoothed out the iffy fueling especially at low rpm, i always ride mine in TRACK mode with Street mode throttle response since the Booster Plug was fitted it is also nice in sport throttle ! Track throttle is ok ish but its just to much off on for town use but the Booster Plug is well worth the £130 and deffo better than the expense of the Power Commander and Dyno time to get it all set up, all in all the 790 is a real nice bike but i do miss the low down grunt of my old 950sm V twin.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Had my 790 2 months now and like it very much, it feels so much lighter and lower than my KTM950sm i px for this 790, brakes not as good and suspension not as good as the 950 but they can be changed nps there, the TFT changes is to sensitive and is going black and white all the time and not quite sure what i like best the black or the white !
Best thing on the bike is the quick shifter ! i have removed my cat with a cheap chineese delete pipe for £30 ! lol what a difference with the stock can it sounds awsome and has a crackle like a 2stroke now ! and when you are on the QS thru the gears boy does it make you smile Braaap BANG Braaap BANG Braarp BANG Braarp BANG Braaap BANG just wicked, i also fitted a K&N air filter and a Booster Plug and it has smoothed out the iffy fueling especially at low rpm, i always ride mine in TRACK mode with Street mode throttle response since the Booster Plug was fitted it is also nice in sport throttle ! Track throttle is ok ish but its just to much off on for town use but the Booster Plug is well worth the £130 and deffo better than the expense of the Power Commander and Dyno time to get it all set up, all in all the 790 is a real nice bike but i do miss the low down grunt of my old 950sm V twin.
Have you ridden one set up with a pcv ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
950sm owner as well but I lowered mine via sps suspension internals. FI will almost always be more twitchy than carb bike. For me rotty race map with pcv and free flowing system including filter in track mode 100% of the time. No dyno time required. No twitchy throttle anymore.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found my first con today.
Went to head out for a ride with 2 bars showing on the fuel gauge and 100km range. I was only going 60 odd kms before the next fuel stop so thought not a problem. About 10 km down the road range was still showing 100km and I was getting a bit nervous about it's accuracy. I turned around and headed back to the nearest gas station less than 10km away. By the time I got there the range as showing 80km??? Hasn't inspired me with confidence but will experiment a bit more when I can.
Done just over 900km now and can notice the engine freeing up. Feels like the hand break has been let off.
Sometimes you can't depend on idiot lights.🙂

61 - 65 of 65 Posts