KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Brembo ABS

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  QCS 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I am thinking about converting my brakes to brembos, a few questions befor I jump into it:

- Do I need to change the Master cylinder?
- If yes what is the best master cylinder?
- What model can I install that keeps all electronics like stock? (ABS, cornering ABS)

#2 ·
#3 ·
First link posted above is my conversion. ABS will still function as long as you leave in line between calipers and MC. My self I went with used 2011 Ducati 848 EVO setup I picked up used and had custom line set made. I however have ABS dongle and will disable as I am not a fan of the brakes letting go under hard trail braking which has happen several times.

#4 ·
I would definitely replace the master cylinder before the calipers. The stock master cylinder is not the greatest. Brembo makes a great replacement. There's also Beringer, but that is way more expensive and maybe not THAT much better than Brembo. I'm about to replace the master cylinder with Brembo. If that doesn't significantly improve things, I'll also replace the calipers.

#5 ·
I’d go with the master cylinder first. I’ve been quite happy with the setup. Recently, I also added the 320mm discs to the package, but events are keeping me from track days until April 10 at the earliest. So, I can’t say how much better it is on track, but I like them on street.

#6 · (Edited)
I’d go with the master cylinder first. I’ve been quite happy with the setup. Recently, I also added the 320mm discs to the package, but events are keeping me from track days until April 10 at the earliest. So, I can’t say how much better it is on track, but I like them on street.

100%.

Pads -- easily to best bang for the buck. Can improve feel substantially.
MC -- easy to do. somewhat more expensive. You might be able to find used M/C on eBay. I did. Looks and work like new, for $180.
Rotors -- didn't get there. I would be happy to try the 320s, but not willing to spend the money, yet. Might wait to when I have to replace rotors anyway.

Reactions: EvansB2
#10 ·
On the CBR I didn't need any adapters. I was also using Hel braided lines. If you send a pic of your existing setup it will be pretty easy to see. The reason you need it on the Duke, if you stay with the OEM lines, is that it is a 90 degree and not a straight banjo.

Reactions: 648
#14 ·
Anything with a straight banjo on top will not require an adapter. Should be straight forward. If you are replacing lines, you should have no issues, for sure (in this regard). As far as the OEM, they are probably straight as well. The 90 degree is not the norm.

Reactions: 648
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.