LED Mode: LED Flashers - Page 12 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 35Likes

post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-18-2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHelka View Post

@Glenntropy - thanks for posting the EE164 values...47 ohm 3w are interesting numbers to say the least. Did you install just 1 on each side (or all 4)? I've been testing 1 resistor for each side as someone confirmed the front/back of each side is wired in parallel and no need to cram another set of resistors behind that headlight (been there, done that).

May try the LED mode at the dealer next...not sure how experimental they're willing to be with me yet, hah. This is beyond frustrating...
I installed one of the EE164 adapters per indicator, 4 total. It's also the only way to get the right connector on the Rizoma lights to hook up to the wiring harness.
post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenntropy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJHelka View Post

@Glenntropy - thanks for posting the EE164 values...47 ohm 3w are interesting numbers to say the least. Did you install just 1 on each side (or all 4)? I've been testing 1 resistor for each side as someone confirmed the front/back of each side is wired in parallel and no need to cram another set of resistors behind that headlight (been there, done that).

May try the LED mode at the dealer next...not sure how experimental they're willing to be with me yet, hah. This is beyond frustrating...
I installed one of the EE164 adapters per indicator, 4 total. It's also the only way to get the right connector on the Rizoma lights to hook up to the wiring harness.
Did that work?
post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-06-2020, 12:14 AM

It worked in the sense that I have indicators that light up. They blink at the correct rate. I still get the dreaded Indicator Warning on the dash, and the little green arrows there blink double time. Don't know if the LED Mode will get rid of that because I haven't found a dealer who can switch me over to that. I just ignore the warning when I'm riding.
post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-12-2020, 06:45 PM

So what is the current fix? Hacking apart a harness and soldering on some resistors?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page