Klim Gloves - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chic
  • 1 Post By Chic

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Klim Gloves

Anyone use or owned Klim Gloves? I am looking at picking up the Induction (new model with the zipper) gloves for my commutes so I am not dealing with my gauntlet gloves. I tried them on and they felt very comfy. They seem like good gloves, but I am wondering from a use standpoint and/or crash standpoint, as well as comfort on long rides. Is $130 worth it for these gloves?
J D likes this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Hey Chic,

Yeah i have Klim gloves and full Badlands suit. IMO the best quality stuff you can get. The gloves are warm and fully waterproof. I've had them for 4 years and they are still 100% waterproof and comfortable and the quality is awesome. Still look like new and i wear them 2 seasons.

Cheers,
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:21 PM
owl

Super-Moderator

Garage
I have a klim jacket, but not gloves, like above imo it’s excellent gear, I’m sure the gloves will be the same

Observation is the greatest source of wisdom.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:47 PM

Garage
I have a full Klim Latitude suit and just purchased their new zippered Induction gloves for the summer. I'm impressed, but watch out, if you have long arm/back of hand hair like me you have to be careful to not get hair caught in the zipper! They don't flow as much air as a full mesh glove does, but it'll be good for anything up to maybe 80 or 90 degrees Fahrenheit. I measure a Medium/Large around the palm, but my very long finger length dictates an XL glove, so I'm not really a good indicator of size. Definitely a good buy IMHO.

I bought the Klim Adventure Short glove last fall for the winter and by the spring the lining pulled out which really pissed me off because it was a $180 glove that wasn't even a year old. I just filled out a warranty claim and they sent me the new GTX model for no charge. If that lining pulls out, I'll just get another new glove. Really happy with the warranty process on their website.

Current:
- 2019 790 Duke
- 2019 MT-07

Previous:
- Honda FTR223
- Suzuki DRZ400SM
- 09 Aprilia Shiver 750SL
- 2016 CB500FA
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

Garage
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I went ahead and bought them. They are awesome. I agree they don't flow as much air as I would have liked, especially on the hot days, but they feel like butter and a lot cooler than my old commuting gloves. I love the exterior stitching. I see what you mean about the zipper ND, lucky for me I don't have sasquatch hands! I have been pulling the zipper up and zipping it every time just to be sure!

I think though they are a bit on the pricey side, but from what I have read, will perform in a crash....which is what I really care about!
J D likes this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page