Dainese Sabha Jacket - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Dainese Sabha Jacket

Anyone have one?
Likes / dislikes?
Fit?

Im in S Florida. Hot, miserable HUMID 90% of the year.

I've really avoided all jackets but feel my luck is running out .... and want to finally get a trip put together for some mountain rides in the summer.

Just cant take the bulky heavy jackets but this Sabha looks interesting.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:38 AM
SuperDuker

Garage
There is a company in the USA that makes 100% Kevlar Mesh jackets. I believe they make gear for CHiP riders. Sorry I cannot remember the name. Expensive but maybe a better bet. I have seen too many fabric (esp mesh) jackets shredded in "offs".

It gets hot here but I will not ride without decent protection - when they start scrubbing gravel out of the open wound - you'll know why!.
DaveNZ likes this.

Small steps - Day by Day.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 02:53 AM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbagris View Post
There is a company in the USA that makes 100% Kevlar Mesh jackets.

Wouldn’t by chance be Vanson, here in the north east? I know they make moto PD jackets. Finest racing leathers too, I’ve tested my leathers 6 times, and they’re still functional, even after 22 years old.

I’m not familiar with that Dianese jacket, but am looking for a textile jacket as well.

Forum Admin. Sin Limites..
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 12:20 PM
SuperDuker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Wouldn’t by chance be Vanson, here in the north east?
Nope - Not Vanson. I have a "Buell" Vanson Cobra. - Off the Factory Seconds Rack - A visit in the late 90's

I think it was https://www.motoport.com/
J D likes this.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 04:19 PM
dma

I bought a Held Tropic II jacket a couple of years ago when we had 30+C (86+) temperatures here in the UK (yes, it does happen) and am really pleased with it.

The mesh lets loads of air through and is really comfortable in the heat - works down to about 20C (68F) then the wind gets too cold with wind-chill at speed so that's when I switch to another jacket.

It's still very protective for a mesh jacket - I have almost matching Held Vento Mesh pants to go with them.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 02:46 AM
SuperDuker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma View Post
I bought a Held Tropic II jacket a couple of years ago when we had 30+C (86+) temperatures here in the UK (yes, it does happen) and am really pleased with it.
Mesh is fine in temperate climates. ime here - when it gets into the high 30's and low 40's and even 50's - then the air actually makes you hotter. In the UK the air is also generally more humid so there is a bit of evaporation effect. Those of us living in arid climes see less benefit.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 08:43 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbagris View Post
There is a company in the USA that makes 100% Kevlar Mesh jackets. I believe they make gear for CHiP riders. Sorry I cannot remember the name. Expensive but maybe a better bet. I have seen too many fabric (esp mesh) jackets shredded in "offs".

It gets hot here but I will not ride without decent protection - when they start scrubbing gravel out of the open wound - you'll know why!.

Been there! Can vouch for that! I don't go anywhere without protection now, regardless of the temps.

I have three jackets, one of which is a Fieldsheer mesh. It's about 20 years old, but it has the hard CE plastic protection sewn in. I love the jacket but feel relatively safer in it....I just don't feel like the mesh will hold up very well in a slide. I am interested in this company with the kevlar mesh. If anyone knows who it is please post it up!

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM

Motoport, link above, has an extensive array of Kevlar mesh jackets and pants. They claim to tailor the gear to your specific measurements.

I've met a person wearing the Kevlar mesh and his comments were that it was pretty heavy and stiff. It was new to him at the time so the stiffness may go away with more use.

Last edited by GOTJ; 11-22-2019 at 08:54 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
Anyone have one?
Likes / dislikes?
Fit?

Im in S Florida. Hot, miserable HUMID 90% of the year.

I've really avoided all jackets but feel my luck is running out .... and want to finally get a trip put together for some mountain rides in the summer.

Just cant take the bulky heavy jackets but this Sabha looks interesting.

Steve, I am not sure about the Sabha. Although it isn't my style (and Dainese gear is usually to small for me), I think you may be better off with a full mesh jacket with hard protection (including back). Unless you are going for the bomber look and really like it. Read all the reviews you can find and try it out.

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 08:54 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTJ View Post

Must have missed the original! Thanks.