• 2 Post By DaveNZ
  • 1 Post By DaveNZ
  • 1 Post By DaveNZ
  • 2 Post By DaveNZ
  • 1 Post By Geoff
  • 3 Post By DaveNZ

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 04:44 AM Thread Starter

KTM Mapping.

While at the KTM bike shop getting the 2019 suspension mapping loaded into my 2016 1290GT, the owner said we have link pipes in stock. (locally made) i said id be keen, but they run better with the CAT, well he said there is a new map for the 790 for a CAT removal. So i emptied out my pockets and counted my beans, i was a little short, but being a faithful customer they took my beans and gave me a link pipe, so i shall return to get the map down loaded. Oh the reason why i was having to empty my pockets for everything i had. was because i had just ordered and paid for a set of tire warmers. Track days here i come.
J D and EvansB2 like this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Well i returned (220km drive) to the bike shop with the 790 (bike in van, torrential rain there and back) They loaded the map, fixed the oil weep and put a nice new set of S22s on. I heard my bike start up quite a few times, i could hear it start up 80 yards away at the bakery. I think they are amazed that i could manage to ride it with it so loud and each of them wanted to hear it up close. Any way i asked if they could check the valve clearances while the tank and tappet cover were off, and all were perfect, exactly where they should be. I haven't test ridden with the map yet, may tomorrow (sat) and scrub the new tires in also...Oh and also ordered a tail-tidy.
J D likes this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:52 AM
VIP Member

I think you’ll like the S22s.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansB2 View Post
I think you’ll like the S22s.
I know i will like them, i liked the S21s, and all the feed back on the S22s is they are much superior to the 21, so expecting big things, and with my soon to turn up tire warmers ill be ready for the next track day. Now to just find a Campervan (holiday home) that my 790 will fit in.
J D likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 03:05 AM
VIP Member

Sounds like you’ve got a good plan!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansB2 View Post
Sounds like you’ve got a good plan!
Turning 60 soon, and i always had a plan to retire at 60, buy a motorhome and tow the boat away fishing, well right now id rather fit the bike in somehow and get in a few track days where i could arrive the night before, set up camp, sleep in, and be ready for the day, ride all the sessions then retired to the camper and quench my thirst. Unfortunately I've been semi retired for the last 20 years, and spent a small fortune on my hobbies bikes/boats-fishing etc. I didn't save quite enough, but i think ill get by with a moderate camper, not too flash but useable, and a bit of part time work............na f**k the work.
Geoff and EvansB2 like this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:18 AM
owl

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
I heard my bike start up quite a few times, i could hear it start up 80 yards away at the bakery. I think they are amazed that i could manage to ride it with it so loud and each of them wanted to hear it up close. .
your "wax earplugs" holding up then?

Observation is the greatest source of wisdom.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 05:07 PM

Garage
Good for you Dave 👍. I retired at 60 too and it's been a blast! No campervan to tow the boat but the water is only just across the road . Is the 790 going to be totally retired from the road in due course?

BTW, I'm having T31's fitted on Monday. The Maxxis have a bit of life left but the level of grip in the current cold conditions is really poor. Had the front end let go last weekend and it felt vague for much of the day.
J D likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Good for you Dave ��. I retired at 60 too and it's been a blast! No campervan to tow the boat but the water is only just across the road . Is the 790 going to be totally retired from the road in due course?

BTW, I'm having T31's fitted on Monday. The Maxxis have a bit of life left but the level of grip in the current cold conditions is really poor. Had the front end let go last weekend and it felt vague for much of the day.
790 will mainly be used on the road, we have a great circuit here, Urenui-Artiti-Tahora-Wangamomoma-Te Wera-Tarata-Urenui. 210km loop, 20km main road, then its pedal to the metal. Lunch at Wanga, then the race begins. I haven't grown up yet
Geoff, J D and EvansB2 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page