Waiting while KTM do my first service 🙂 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Grim Reaper Dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Corby
Posts: 45
Garage
Waiting while KTM do my first service 🙂

Hi all
Not posted much yet, still getting my head round how much fun this new machine is!!
Because I have come from 11 years on Honda VFR's (750 91 & 96) the Duke feels like a toy! But I can see the potential to keep up with my usual mixed group of riders that I ride out with 3 or 4 times year.
As the post intro says, KTM are doing my first service & I am looking forward to going over 6500 revs 🙂
I haven't done very much to it, as it has so many things that I haven't had before, I shall take my time & do a bit of "bonding" before I go changing stuff.
I have added KTM screen (it helps) KTM heated grips (excellent) Powerbronze hand guards (do make a difference) & a bit of orange "rim bling" to balance the colour a bit.
Thinking about a KTM comfort seat,does anyone have one & what extra comfort does it bring?
Grim Reaper Dodger is online now  
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper Dodger View Post
Hi all
Not posted much yet, still getting my head round how much fun this new machine is!!
Because I have come from 11 years on Honda VFR's (750 91 & 96) the Duke feels like a toy! But I can see the potential to keep up with my usual mixed group of riders that I ride out with 3 or 4 times year.
As the post intro says, KTM are doing my first service & I am looking forward to going over 6500 revs 🙂
I haven't done very much to it, as it has so many things that I haven't had before, I shall take my time & do a bit of "bonding" before I go changing stuff.
I have added KTM screen (it helps) KTM heated grips (excellent) Powerbronze hand guards (do make a difference) & a bit of orange "rim bling" to balance the colour a bit.
Thinking about a KTM comfort seat,does anyone have one & what extra comfort does it bring?
The seat was more comfortable, but i felt the 20mm higher one just pushed you into the tank on your balls more... A few here have liked the +20mm seat, i wasn't keen and sold it.
weeksy is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 19
If you've got a bony arse like me, the + 20mm seat makes a lot of difference. Hadn't noticed any change in the riding position - still good .
markjanemhan likes this.
Tink is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Grim Reaper Dodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Corby
Posts: 45
Garage
Thanks for the opinions guys.

I took a punt & got one put on at the end of the service. 26 mile run home & so far feels better
weeksy and markjanemhan like this.
Grim Reaper Dodger is online now  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 04:27 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

 
J D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: East Coast
Posts: 151,026
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper Dodger View Post
Hi all... Honda VFR's (750 91 & 96)
Always loved the V4 gear-driven-cammed Vfer's..
My uncle had a 1990 RC36, and put over 150,000 miles on it.
Red, with the white wheels, with a slip-on, sounded crazy coming down the street.
Grim Reaper Dodger likes this.

Forum Admin. Sin Limites..
J D is online now  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
If you've got a bony arse like me, the + 20mm seat makes a lot of difference.
I'm 6'2 which must make me sit a tad far back. On longer trips, the rear of the seat rim starts digging into my butt. I've ordered a +20mm ergo seat, in the hope it helps. Should get it this weekend.
markjanemhan is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:07 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

 
J D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: East Coast
Posts: 151,026
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjanemhan View Post
I'm 6'2 which must make me sit a tad far back. On longer trips, the rear of the seat rim starts digging into my butt. I've ordered a +20mm ergo seat, in the hope it helps. Should get it this weekend.
I'm 6'1", so far so good, but then I'm not planning longish rides on the 790, mostly Sunday thrashes. Let us know how ya like it.

Forum Admin. Sin Limites..
J D is online now  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:04 AM

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 598
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjanemhan View Post
I'm 6'2 which must make me sit a tad far back. On longer trips, the rear of the seat rim starts digging into my butt. I've ordered a +20mm ergo seat, in the hope it helps. Should get it this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
I'm 6'1", so far so good, but then I'm not planning longish rides on the 790, mostly Sunday thrashes. Let us know how ya like it.

Yes very interested! I'm 6'4" and I feel like I slouch a bit when cruising so I was thinking of going down a bit on the seat height, but after riding for an hour plus, I have to shift around on the seat to still feel my rears!
Chic is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:06 AM

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 598
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper Dodger View Post
Hi all
Not posted much yet, still getting my head round how much fun this new machine is!!
Because I have come from 11 years on Honda VFR's (750 91 & 96) the Duke feels like a toy! But I can see the potential to keep up with my usual mixed group of riders that I ride out with 3 or 4 times year.
As the post intro says, KTM are doing my first service & I am looking forward to going over 6500 revs 🙂
I haven't done very much to it, as it has so many things that I haven't had before, I shall take my time & do a bit of "bonding" before I go changing stuff.
I have added KTM screen (it helps) KTM heated grips (excellent) Powerbronze hand guards (do make a difference) & a bit of orange "rim bling" to balance the colour a bit.
Thinking about a KTM comfort seat,does anyone have one & what extra comfort does it bring?
Where did you get the bling Grim? I have been looking and just can't find the right one I like....not to mention the fact that I am unsure how to figure out if it will fit right or not!
Chic is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:49 PM
Junior Member
 
NickoDuke790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Leicestershire
Posts: 6
Did you get your bike serviced at Northampton?
NickoDuke790 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome