What Did You Do To Your KTM 790 Duke Today? - Page 41 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 329Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #401 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Member
 
Booney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 40
Garage
OK done the bar forward move and soooo much better ergo’s now - Thanks Chic!
Rode 4 hour round trip to my new Ktm dealer K-Extreme Montauban for annual service. Cost was a comparatively reasonable
€160 and staff were friendly and welcoming. I Sat and chatted there with another Duke 790 owner - a retired 65 year old guy which kinda made me feel young-ish!
Chic, dma and Fred71530 like this.
Booney is offline  
post #402 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:48 PM
dma
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Midlands UK
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLantern View Post
Arrow slip on and motech seat rack! Motech has really great instructions, arrow not so much...
Nice exhaust and seat rack @GLantern - I got the seat rack too, and farkled a Givi ring onto it to fit a tank-bag-as-a-tail-bag - not sure if you saw:

https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/5...html#post12206

I taped up the holes left by removing the pillion seat pad - I only noticed after I next washed it that a little water gets under the rack - not much, but enough to make me tape up the holes from both sides, a 5 minute job.
dma is online now  
post #403 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:29 PM
The 'other' Long Islander..
 
GLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 163
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLantern View Post
Arrow slip on and motech seat rack! Motech has really great instructions, arrow not so much...
Nice exhaust and seat rack @GLantern - I got the seat rack too, and farkled a Givi ring onto it to fit a tank-bag-as-a-tail-bag - not sure if you saw:

https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/5...html#post12206

I taped up the holes left by removing the pillion seat pad - I only noticed after I next washed it that a little water gets under the rack - not much, but enough to make me tape up the holes from both sides, a 5 minute job.
Slick job, I might have to do that. Still not sure on what the setup will be for luggage though. I might just stick to a couple rock straps and put whatever bag I want there at the time. My first thought was the latest Cortech tail bag, my current one has lasted me a decade!

What an excellent rack though, it is exactly what I wanted.

2019 KTM Duke 790
GLantern is offline  
post #404 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:07 AM

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 502
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booney View Post
OK done the bar forward move and soooo much better ergo’s now - Thanks Chic!
Rode 4 hour round trip to my new Ktm dealer K-Extreme Montauban for annual service. Cost was a comparatively reasonable
€160 and staff were friendly and welcoming. I Sat and chatted there with another Duke 790 owner - a retired 65 year old guy which kinda made me feel young-ish!

any time!! Super simple right and makes a world of difference. I noticed yesterday blowing through some nice corners that the stability seems better also. Very pleased with this!
GLantern likes this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
Chic is offline  
post #405 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:51 AM
Senior Member
 
barbagris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: On the edge of insanity.
Posts: 137
Garage
Hey I like that seat rack - I'm still looking about . never thought to look at SW-Motech mainly because their Spanish disti is a bit "lacking".


Just had a quick thrash - still getting to know the beast.

Small steps - Day by Day.
barbagris is offline  
post #406 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 03:24 PM
QCS

Super-Moderator

 
QCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 245
Back home after 3 weeks of travel. Going out to ride!
J D likes this.

I ride because my wife says it keeps me young and is better than if I get a girlfriend...
QCS is offline  
post #407 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 04:36 PM
The 'other' Long Islander..
 
GLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 163
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbagris View Post
Hey I like that seat rack - I'm still looking about . never thought to look at SW-Motech mainly because their Spanish disti is a bit "lacking".


Just had a quick thrash - still getting to know the beast.
Apparently they make a lot of the KTM Powerparts stuff.
J D likes this.

2019 KTM Duke 790
GLantern is offline  
post #408 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Hey There,
Had my D790 since April 2019 so I look forward to reading about everyone's mods & results.
My D790 has had a DNA filter fitted & Yoshimura Slip On ( ALPHA T ) .... the can sounds & looks great as this was fitted about a month ago but weather here in VIC ( OZ ) is a little up n down at the moment so I haven't been out since i fitted the DNA. Just wondering if the ECU is gunna take control of the extra air coming in now ?? ... any ideas ?
J D likes this.
DAZZA is offline  
post #409 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 68
Enjoyed my first swift ride on new Pirelli Angel ST tires. I love these boots, had a couple sets on my Aprilia Shiver, and find they grip really well. Excellent longevity too. I never had any issue with the performance of the original Maxxis tires because I don't ride particularly hard, but now I have the Pirelli's, it's like riding on rails. Very sure-footed.
J D likes this.
markjanemhan is offline  
post #410 of 489 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 01:00 PM
QCS

Super-Moderator

 
QCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCS View Post
Back home after 3 weeks of travel. Going out to ride!
A few riding stints later and definitely less poison in the system. This bike is such a blast to ride!

I ride because my wife says it keeps me young and is better than if I get a girlfriend...
QCS is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Look: 2019 KTM 790 Duke Administrator 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 2 02-11-2019 02:25 AM
790 Duke R to debut at EICMA 2018 LC8 Other Bikes Discussion 6 12-02-2018 11:20 AM
2018 KTM 790 Duke Overview Administrator 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 3 07-19-2018 01:51 PM
How The Middleweight Duke 790 Ranks Overall Administrator 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 0 07-19-2018 01:28 PM
KTM 790 Duke Dyno Tested 790 Duke News 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 2 05-25-2018 05:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome