Cruise control - Page 2 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 10Likes

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Guys,

I heard that there is an opion which needs to only enabling to have cruise control in Duke 790, but I don't know if you notice in this youtube movie there is an Duke 790 dashboard with WORKING cruise control.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 03:59 AM
owl

Super-Moderator

Garage
Doesn't the 790 ADV have the same dash with optional cruise control?

It would be nice, but I think if they were going to offer it it would be available by now, maybe saving it for the 890R lol

Observation is the greatest source of wisdom.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil3 View Post
Guys,

I heard that there is an opion which needs to only enabling to have cruise control in Duke 790, but I don't know if you notice in this youtube movie there is an Duke 790 dashboard with WORKING cruise control.
@devil3
What makes you think it's working? the video shows a demo of the dashboard pod not on the actual bike. And even in the video we can see it's not actually working, the speed is going down even though the CC is lit.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

@magnets I don't know if this is function which is implemented and disabled but I saw on a few pictures dashboard with this option.
Please have a look at this page below. There is for sure 790 Duke with this function.

https://www.ktm.com/en/naked/790-duk...nomics-comfort

Also I wrote post to KTM Poland and they state that this option is dedicated orginally for KTM 790 ADVENTURE but... I should prepare VIN of my bike and contact with my local dealer and based on the software verison they will provide me final answer.

So if there is no hope, it is fine, but if KTM will enable this function after some customer pressure, I will be very happy... I guess you too.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:56 AM

We had this conversation a while back: https://www.790dukeforum.com/#/topics/264
Nothing seems to have changed.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 04:06 AM

@devil3
Again, that's not a real bike, that's a render, The dashboard is missing the light sensor, the surround is missing the inset and of course the bike isn't moving yet states 110km/h

Having said that, when the bike was 'launched' or shown off at the motor show, the CC icon was included
https://paultan.org/2017/11/21/2017-...the-scalpel-6/

so who knows, maybe they will enable the feature if it exists, but i'm not holding my breath. If it was already on the bike, and it worked, why would they not enable it?

KTM my ride sucks balls yet they still tried to charge people for that.
AMatu likes this.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-29-2019, 11:07 AM

Might there be a 790 Duke GT on the horizon which will have this enabled. Possibly 2020 show season. to be honest I spend most of my time in the twisties so lengthy runs in a straight line are very few and far between. To be frank IMO I find it a little unneccessary in the UK on any bike.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page