6Likes
  • 1 Post By MGL
  • 2 Post By EvansB2
  • 2 Post By MGL
  • 1 Post By monkeynuts

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
MGL

front blinkers

Has anyone replaced the front blinkers yet? If so, did you have to cut the cables?

I want to connect up blinkers in handguards, but looks like the stock blinkers are wired directly into harness without any plugs. I was expecting some kind of connectors to be under that plastic cover behind headlight, but it looks like thin cable from blinker turns into thicker cable from harness with just bit of shrinkwrap on it. I thought it should have a connector there.

It's my first new bike, so I would prefer not make any irreversible changes. Before I cut anything, can anyone confirm this is the thing to do, or am I missing something? Maybe connectors are there, but hidden somewhere further up/down the cable?
J D likes this.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:17 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Good question. I've not messed with my front ones yet, although it's prolly a winter project to make that change for me.

Forum Admin. Life goes by faster than a summer vacation.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

No, you will not have to cut your main wiring harness to change blinkers. However, you may have to cut the wires to the existing blinkers to give yourself the plugs necessary to attach the new blinkers to the harness. Take a look at the photo on this page. You'll see the white connectors that are used to plug into the wiring harness.

https://www.ktm.com/ca-en/powerparts...2fKE4-16007249

Also, Rizoma sells adapters that include the plugs for the wiring harness. Perhaps you could buy a set of those to wire to your new turn signals. I've been told that these are the wired connectors that work with the Rizoma turn signals that the KTM PowerPart signal kit is based on. Verify that these will fit before ordering, though. I haven't done the install, yet. Just the research.

Universal Indicator Lights by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -
J D and MGL like this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
MGL

@EvansB2 Thanks for hint.
Looks like I'll have to cut some cables after all. Once it stops raining I'll take the front of bike apart and try to trace cables further in case there are some connectors further past the steering stem. I'll post some pictures and info for others once I'm done.
J D and EvansB2 like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:42 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGL View Post
@EvansB2 Thanks for hint.
Looks like I'll have to cut some cables after all. Once it stops raining I'll take the front of bike apart and try to trace cables further in case there are some connectors further past the steering stem. I'll post some pictures and info for others once I'm done.
I believe all the connectors are hidden behind the headlight. You can see it here in this heated grip installation video at 2:25:

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 06:38 AM

All of the connectors for the indicator cables are located behind the headlight, I've changed mine to the KTM/Rizoma indicators. There are also 2 x 12volt connectors in there, one is permanent and one is switched !
Wire Nut likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page