Rear Grab Handle Bolts - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 502
Garage
Rear Grab Handle Bolts

In one of the new rider threads it was asked for the size of the bolts for the grab handle. As was posted, the bolt size is M8x50mm. I know some of you guys got the shorted bolts from the dealer, but I am wondering what the size of the shorter bolts are? With the handle removed, is it an M8x30mm? Can anyone measure one?

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
Chic is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:25 PM
Member
 
NavyDuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 52
Garage
I ground mine down with an angle grinder so I don't know anymore

Current:
- 2019 790 Duke
- 2019 MT-07

Previous:
- Honda FTR223
- Suzuki DRZ400SM
- 09 Aprilia Shiver 750SL
- 2016 CB500FA
NavyDuke is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:24 AM
The 'other' Long Islander..
 
GLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 163
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic View Post
In one of the new rider threads it was asked for the size of the bolts for the grab handle. As was posted, the bolt size is M8x50mm. I know some of you guys got the shorted bolts from the dealer, but I am wondering what the size of the shorter bolts are? With the handle removed, is it an M8x30mm? Can anyone measure one?
Anyone ever figure this out? I would like to remove the grab handle but don’t want bolts sticking way out.

2019 KTM Duke 790
GLantern is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 11:28 AM
The 'other' Long Islander..
 
GLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 163
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLantern View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic View Post
In one of the new rider threads it was asked for the size of the bolts for the grab handle. As was posted, the bolt size is M8x50mm. I know some of you guys got the shorted bolts from the dealer, but I am wondering what the size of the shorter bolts are? With the handle removed, is it an M8x30mm? Can anyone measure one?
Anyone ever figure this out? I would like to remove the grab handle but don’t want bolts sticking way out.
Found out that the bolts in the briefcase that came with the bike are shorter ones for the grab handle! Going to try installing them tonight!
https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/1...-question.html

2019 KTM Duke 790
GLantern is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 502
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLantern View Post
Found out that the bolts in the briefcase that came with the bike are shorter ones for the grab handle! Going to try installing them tonight!
https://www.790dukeforum.com/forum/1...-question.html

LOL!!! that still doeesn't answer the question at hand! I ended up guessing the size. I bought 25mm and 30mm lengths. I haven't tried them yet though as I do like the grab handle on there.



GL did you ever remove it? Pics? Did you happen to measure the length of the bolt before you installed them?

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
Chic is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2019, 02:20 PM
The 'other' Long Islander..
 
GLantern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 163
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic View Post
LOL!!! that still doeesn't answer the question at hand! I ended up guessing the size. I bought 25mm and 30mm lengths. I haven't tried them yet though as I do like the grab handle on there.



GL did you ever remove it? Pics? Did you happen to measure the length of the bolt before you installed them?
I ended up not removing it because I realized how useful that grab bar is for moving the bike around.
dma likes this.

2019 KTM Duke 790
GLantern is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 502
Garage
Yea!! Added bonus!!

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
Chic is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
The rear subframe bolts for use without the grab handle are 35mm, KTM Part# 0035080356S
Chic likes this.
ccoeur is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 01:06 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

 
J D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 151,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoeur View Post
The rear subframe bolts for use without the grab handle are 35mm, KTM Part# 0035080356S
Welcome to our Forum..!!

Forum Admin. Life goes by faster than a summer vacation.
J D is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Super-Moderator

 
Chic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 502
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Welcome to our Forum..!!

Hey, he answered a long time running question with his first post! That in itself is awesome.



Thanks CC!!
J D likes this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
Chic is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
grab handle question infamous KTM 790 Duke General Discussion 8 09-23-2019 03:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome