PowerParts recommendation - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 26Likes

post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Question PowerParts recommendation

Hey guys,
I am expecting my new 790 Duke to arrive in a week or two (hopefully).
Meanwhile I was contemplating what PowerParts to get right away and what's not worth the money.
Any recommendations, advice, ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. Not sure if here is the right place for this. Admins, please move it if it is not.
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 05:23 AM

PP screen is decent and simple to fit.
bossev likes this.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossev View Post
Hey guys,
I am expecting my new 790 Duke to arrive in a week or two (hopefully).
Meanwhile I was contemplating what PowerParts to get right away and what's not worth the money.
Any recommendations, advice, ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. Not sure if here is the right place for this. Admins, please move it if it is not.
Very useful: top case, heated grips, windshield (but not the PP one)

Useless: side cases (the day I got my 790 was the only day I fited the side cases), Akra (sound is weak compared to the stock one), bluetooth unit, abs dongle.
bossev likes this.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:41 PM

Sorry, i haven't looked in the power parts other than the heated grips which came with my bike. But first thing i buy for every new bike is a radiator guard, and secondly is bar end mirrors (Oxford in my case) thirdly is a muffler, but not to muffle, to accentuate the twin tune.
bossev likes this.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the answers and the recommendations guys.
I got my bike today and I had $500 worth of PowerParts with the purchase of a new bike but only at the same time.
The dealer didn't have a lot of stuff in stock, but I got the Roadlok, some crashpads, cover and other minor things.
I will definitely be ordering some windshield or screen - even on the first ride from the dealer home, it was obvious I need one of these.
I will get the Bluetooth as well, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with or opinion about the alarm system?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossev View Post
Thanks for all the answers and the recommendations guys.
I got my bike today and I had $500 worth of PowerParts with the purchase of a new bike but only at the same time.
The dealer didn't have a lot of stuff in stock, but I got the Roadlok, some crashpads, cover and other minor things.
I will definitely be ordering some windshield or screen - even on the first ride from the dealer home, it was obvious I need one of these.
I will get the Bluetooth as well, but I was curious if anyone had any experience with or opinion about the alarm system?
Roadlok is throwing money away...there are other options 10 times cheaper. Alarm could be useful, but itís expensive.
Crash pads and radiator guard, useful too.

The best thing so far are the top case, and heated grips. Windshield is another must, but not the PP one. I got the Puig Bat, because I want the biggest one.

The small details, especially the brake fluid cover are also nice.
What I wanted to get, but didnít worth the price, are the brake and clutch levers.

Powerparts mirrors are just stupid, when you have the same aftermarket mirrors for half the price.
bossev likes this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, I feel that I will end up spending a lot of $ for small details like brake fluid cover, clutch/ignition cover etc.
I think the break/clutch levers seem really good and actually have some purpose than just design.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
Sorry, i haven't looked in the power parts other than the heated grips which came with my bike. But first thing i buy for every new bike is a radiator guard, and secondly is bar end mirrors (Oxford in my case) thirdly is a muffler, but not to muffle, to accentuate the twin tune.
What exhaust did you end up with @DaveNZ ? Have you got a tail tidy to match?
Chic likes this.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDuke View Post
What exhaust did you end up with @DaveNZ ? Have you got a tail tidy to match?
I havn't gotten either yet KiwiDuke, still working on the little lady. She's playing hard ball. She said the 790 has a perfectly good exhaust. Woman, they just have no idea, must be a bitch going through life without any balls............Some may say, "Dave you got no balls because you got no cool pipe"
Chic and bossev like this.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:17 PM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Enter Ball-peen hammer....."OOOPS! Musta hit the exhaust on the way out of the garage! Damnit!!......Hey hunny?!!"

LMAO

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page