Barracuda X-Version B-Lux Black - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
owl

Super-Moderator

Garage
Barracuda X-Version B-Lux Black

Just ordered a set of these, they seem to match the bike style, will chuck up a review once they've arrived.

Also means there will be a set of OEM bar end mirrors up for sale soon

Observation is the greatest source of wisdom.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:52 PM
Top Speed guru

Garage
Can I ask why you are getting rid of the bar end mirrors for these? I'm still running the stock mirrors, but looking to replace mostly because I think they are ugly, even though I can see out of them okay. Is visibility poor with the bar end mirrors?
Thanks for your help!

FIM Motorcycle World Land Speed Record 376.363 mph
Greatest top speed: 405 mph Salar De Uyuni, Bolivia
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
owl

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky R View Post
Can I ask why you are getting rid of the bar end mirrors for these? I'm still running the stock mirrors, but looking to replace mostly because I think they are ugly, even though I can see out of them okay. Is visibility poor with the bar end mirrors?
Thanks for your help!
I ride daily through London in heavy traffic.

The stock mirrors were extremely bad for filtering in tight spaces and rather hideous.

I replaced them with the bar ends which were originally installed upright. The visibility was decent but the mirrors sat at the exact height as most car side mirrors which again made filtering difficult. I ended up clipping a cabbies wing mirror, I apologised and fortunately he didn’t seem to bothered.

I then switched them to hang downward, and been running it like this for a few months, which is perfect for filtering as they are completely out of the way.

Visibility on the other hand is awful, and they are some distance out of your normal field of view, which means you end up looking down for longer, which can be detrimental in heavy traffic if someone brakes suddenly.

If I didn’t have the filtering issues I’d probably just run the bar ends upright like I originally had them.

I’m hoping these cudas fold nicely like the rizomas I had on the striple, they seem to have the same type of hinge system so should do.

Last edited by owl; 04-10-2019 at 06:49 PM.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
owl

Super-Moderator

Garage
Vendor didn't have stock and it's a week shipping from Italy

Decided to cancel and bite the bullet and get the rizomas again, they're stupid expensive but I miss my old set and should arrive tomorrow to fit for the weekend blast.

Getting the tomoks instead.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page