Austin Racing - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 26Likes

post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Austin Racing

Oops, I mean Racing.....Oh my god, I've got to this exhaust system............but in reality its too expensive.......its not fair, making a set of pipes like this that look so cool, and we can't have them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0814.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	637.6 KB
ID:	790  

Last edited by DaveNZ; 04-10-2019 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Oops.
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 03:07 PM

Does Austin Racing not have some cheaper slip on de-cat systems for the 790? Sure they are on the more expensive side of the spectrum, but you just cant argue with the sound clips up on YouTube. Even get to choose the shape and color of the tips.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDuke View Post
Does Austin Racing not have some cheaper slip on de-cat systems for the 790? Sure they are on the more expensive side of the spectrum, but you just cant argue with the sound clips up on YouTube. Even get to choose the shape and color of the tips.
Yes they have a single slip on pipe for around $1200 delivered to NZ. But those twin pipes look awesome. For around $1500 i could get an Arrow full twin system delivered with free postage. At this stage I'm thinking of heading down the way of Arrow Titanium slip on or the EXIL . Id like to get rid of the CAT, but in reality the bike runs nice with it left on.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
Yes they have a single slip on pipe for around $1200 delivered to NZ. But those twin pipes look awesome. For around $1500 i could get an Arrow full twin system delivered with free postage. At this stage I'm thinking of heading down the way of Arrow Titanium slip on or the EXIL . Id like to get rid of the CAT, but in reality the bike runs nice with it left on.
Yeah. It is a shame the AR system is so expensive. It was my first choice but I couldn't justify the extra coin.
I am very happy with the IXIL M2. The sound (with the cat) is superb and they are a nice compact can.
Just under $700NZ deivered. Much cheaper if you don't get stung with GST and Customs duty.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 04:43 AM

TBH, I have the full titanium decat RS22 (dual can) system with the ATOM too, and yes it definitely is expensive but I don't regret it at all and it in my opinion sounds much better than the other systems out there at the moment such as Arrow, Ixil, Leo Vince etc.
owl and J D like this.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:35 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbs13 View Post
TBH, I have the full titanium decat RS22 (dual can) system with the ATOM too, and yes it definitely is expensive but I don't regret it at all and it in my opinion sounds much better than the other systems out there at the moment such as Arrow, Ixil, Leo Vince etc.

Can you post/link some fotos of your moto? Also, what mapping changes did you do with the Decat? Thanks.

Forum Admin. Sin Limites..
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiDuke View Post
Yeah. It is a shame the AR system is so expensive. It was my first choice but I couldn't justify the extra coin.
I am very happy with the IXIL M2. The sound (with the cat) is superb and they are a nice compact can.
Just under $700NZ deivered. Much cheaper if you don't get stung with GST and Customs duty.
Ive just ordered the same muffle as yours KiwiD. the IXIL M2, $745. Delivery was bloody expensive $144...Thieves i tell ya. After much deliberation, this was possibly the least expensive option that looks bloody good on the bike. I think the CAT is going to have to stay permanently now, i really wanted to go down the full system route, but the cost out weighed divorce.
KiwiDuke and J D like this.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Ive just ordered the same muffle as yours KiwiD. the IXIL M2, $745. Delivery was bloody expensive $144...Thieves i tell ya. After much deliberation, this was possibly the least expensive option that looks bloody good on the bike. I think the CAT is going to have to stay permanently now, i really wanted to go down the full system route, but the cost out weighed divorce.
Nice one Dave! Where is it being delivered from? They certainly know how to charge! I mostly use YouShop from the US and occasionally the UK. My little Ermax screen cost NZ$112 in freight costs from France. Do you need a Power Commander to set it up?
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:20 AM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Garage
Quote:
Oops, I mean Racing...
(fixed)

That is a pretty incredible dual exhaust!

Forum Admin. Sin Limites..
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Nice one Dave! Where is it being delivered from? They certainly know how to charge! I mostly use YouShop from the US and occasionally the UK. My little Ermax screen cost NZ$112 in freight costs from France. Do you need a Power Commander to set it up?
The exhaust is coming from Britain, I'm keeping the CAT so no need for a PC Geoff, i would have loved to get rid of the CAT, but re-tuning etc, so I'm going to leave it on.
Geoff likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page