Venting on NRC tail tidy headaches and tips for others - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chic

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumbs down Venting on NRC tail tidy headaches and tips for others

For anyone who is interested in the nrc tail tidy I have some words of warning and tips on the installation.

First off, lets be clear. It IS the most aesthetic tail tidy available for use right now but at $200 it is pretty over priced when considering:

*the craftsmanship
*the included hardware
*instructions

The craftsman ship:

Everything looks and feel solid lets make no mistake. However, The LED strips in the housings do NOT line up perfectly and is noticeable. Furthermore the paint finish will come off extremely easily so be careful with handling tools around it.

The included hardware:

-The included bolts are the same size as our stock ones which is bullshit considering they use spaces leaving little thread left to go into the bike. Furthermore they dont even fit the fucking product. They use a flanged head and it wont fit.
-the included spacers are inadequate to install the lights straight. They need to be longer. What I ended up doing was going to autozone and using m6 x 25mm bolts with 3 nuts as spacers for the lights and using the stock spacer with m6 x 20mm bolts for the plate holder (mine is tucked)
-I find this to be the most unacceptable aspect of the whole kit.

The instructions:

-NOT EVEN INCLUDED, must go on website to download and are total ****.

Overall I love the look but it was a massive PITA to install and for the price i expected better, heed my words if you decide to install this kit. That being said it looks amazing but how will it hold up only time will tell. The best install instructions are on youtube
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:26 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Ouch! Sorry for the trouble but excellent write up and advice! If I were in the market at this point, I would absolutely steer clear of the NRC just based on your write up. It does look good though!
J D and KingDragoX like this.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page