KTM Power Parts bar end - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dma

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

KTM Power Parts bar end

Hi all, I've just fitted these:

https://www.tripledmotosport.co.uk/product/bar-ends3

They are really light weight compared to the standard items which are composed of really heavy brass (?) inserts. The standard items must weight a good few ounces each and I was wondering if this is to add stability or to dampen vibrations etc. Is this PP a downgrade from what KTM engineers have designed?

Has anyone else fitted these and thought why the replacement PP bar ends are so different and much lighter to the standard ones?
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 08:27 AM
dma

Those look like the type you fit to an off-road bike (I have some similar on my trials bike) - they are to protect the rubber grips / throttle tube when the bike goes down as it often does in trials. They are made of Al to keep the weight down so you can turn the bars quickly from lock to lock.

The OEM parts on the 790 Duke are heavy to help reduce vibration through the bars - lots of road bikes have some kind of weight on the end of the bars like this.
Mullasci likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma View Post
Those look like the type you fit to an off-road bike (I have some similar on my trials bike) - they are to protect the rubber grips / throttle tube when the bike goes down as it often does in trials. They are made of Al to keep the weight down so you can turn the bars quickly from lock to lock.

The OEM parts on the 790 Duke are heavy to help reduce vibration through the bars - lots of road bikes have some kind of weight on the end of the bars like this.
Hi DMA, I thought this might be the case but as seen in the link they are sold as a direct replacement and labelled as suitable for the 790 Duke. I'm thinking this is being sold under false premise now and sending them back. They are clearly under engineered for the 790. What do you think?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

I've replaced them back with the originals, deff not fit for the 790 Duke.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page