KTM 790 Duke Forum banner

Added Clearwater Darla LEDs to the Duke

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Donnyquinn90 
#1 ·
Went to the guys at Clearwater and had these really cool LED lights added. Had them on my R1200RS too. With the amber covers you are sure to be seen during the day, and at night with the covers removed visibility is so much better than stock. When you go to high beams, the LEDs automatically change as well.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Bugz and 648
#4 ·
I would like to know how you wired the lights to work with the headlights high and low settings.
Wired into the headlight light switch ?
I have a set of Rigid Industries Ignite lights to fit and would like them to work with a high and low headlight settings if possible.

#5 ·
Went to the guys at Clearwater and had these really cool LED lights added. Had them on my R1200RS too. With the amber covers you are sure to be seen during the day, and at night with the covers removed visibility is so much better than stock. When you go to high beams, the LEDs automatically change as well.

Rocky, do these help with the low beam in a turn? In other words, when leaning, the top of the low beam cuts off the visibility of the road ahead. Do these help with that or do they just make it brighter?

#8 ·
Rocky, do these help with the low beam in a turn? In other words, when leaning, the top of the low beam cuts off the visibility of the road ahead.
Only one thing will resolve that (OK two) - Adaptive headlights. Or additional low/fog beams at an angle operated by a banking sensor. I have JWSPEAKER adaptive on my Rocket. I have in the past made a set with a banking sensor - but you need multi sensor detection.

I have wondered how a 790 would look with twin 5&3/4 (Adaptive naturally) headlamps - Ok with just one. :devil:

#11 ·
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Just got back form a 1640 mile round trip from northern Ca to Seattle on my R1200RS. As for the DARLA LED lights, I took my bike in to Clearwater and they used my bike to prototype them for the 790 Duke so they did the wiring and mounting and now offer the entire kit. It does have low and high beam function. On low they are set at about 40% power and high 100%. There is also a small dial mounted on the bar that you can turn to adjust how much light you want at any given time. The amber covers work great in the day time to make you more visible to oncoming motorists. You definitely don't want to run high beam into oncoming traffic. They offer an amazing amount of light, so much better than stock, and even turning the lighting is great. Well worth the investment.

#12 ·
It does have low and high beam function. On low they are set at about 40% power and high 100%.
Legally (in Europe anyway) they are NOT HIGH and LOW beam. They are a single beam shape with differing intensity.

They are very well made lights - all credit due. But imo at a ridiculous price premium.

Here they could only LEGALLY be used as a Main/High beam supplement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.