Brake lever regulation: how to? - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By EvansB2

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Brake lever regulation: how to?

For my riding position the brake lever sits too high and forces my wrist into a very uncomfortable bend.
Used to my older motorbikes i thought it as a simple matter of rotating it forward/downward some 10/15 degrees after releasing the two bolts of the collar, but I found this is not the case.
The collar has a pin that fits into a slot in the throttle block hence it can't rotate even after the bolts are completely removed.

The dealer's mechanic hinted the idea of making the slot larger, but it doesn't feel right.
At least while it's still under warranty.

Anyone went through such a change?

TIA

BTW: 2k km later I need to bleed the brakes again. Not what I would expect from a brand new motorbike because I didn't had to do it on my 22 years old TRX.
My CBR instead had the calipers seals completely gone and was getting a good bleed on a weekly basis until I replaced them.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:08 AM
VIP Member

What about rotating the handlebar forward to get the right wrist angle?
Mullasci likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:22 PM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullasci View Post
For my riding position the brake lever sits too high and forces my wrist into a very uncomfortable bend.
Used to my older motorbikes i thought it as a simple matter of rotating it forward/downward some 10/15 degrees after releasing the two bolts of the collar, but I found this is not the case.
The collar has a pin that fits into a slot in the throttle block hence it can't rotate even after the bolts are completely removed.

The dealer's mechanic hinted the idea of making the slot larger, but it doesn't feel right.
At least while it's still under warranty.

Anyone went through such a change?

TIA

BTW: 2k km later I need to bleed the brakes again. Not what I would expect from a brand new motorbike because I didn't had to do it on my 22 years old TRX.
My CBR instead had the calipers seals completely gone and was getting a good bleed on a weekly basis until I replaced them.
Mine feel a bit higher then I would like, but not to the extent of needing to move the lever down. Good info on what you found. Evan has a great idea though. Sounds like short of replacing the entire throttle assembly, rotating the bars may be the only way to go. Haven't needed to bleed the brakes at all, but I just had my first service so haven't been eyeballing it either.

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansB2 View Post
What about rotating the handlebar forward to get the right wrist angle?
I have the risers moved to the front holes and when accelerating hard I already end up with my head sitting on the vertical of the dashboard (a major change from my older bikes and much like what it felt when I tried a 954 a couple of years ago).

I will give a try, see how the overall feeling gets and report back.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page