790 Dukes' suspension and brakes - Page 8 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 42Likes

post #71 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 01:20 PM
Pgm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCS View Post
I think you just might have misspelled that last word, there...
😂 I didnít think it would be long before that would be mentioned.
post #72 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLion View Post
I opted for the basic Ohlins shock and Andreani Misano 20mm kit and can assure you both are leaps and bounds better than the OEM WP stuff.

I personally HATE progressive rate setups like this bike has from the factory - crazy soft for 70% of the stroke then way too firm, oh - then bottom out!

Both the front and rear now compress linearly and with control - no more need to hesitate in transitions or after bad bumps before initiating an input like a change of direction or braking.
YoungLion and I both had the same suspension installed at the same time, and just came back from my first set of track days on the newly suspended 790, at the same time I had well know suspension guru Dave Moss fine tune it at the track in between sessions. The bike performed great and was very easy on the Q3+ tires. Very good investment, bike was very easy to ride, almost like cheating😬
J D, dj790duke and YoungLion like this.

Ktm 1090R, Ktm 790 Duke
post #73 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 02:03 AM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbusa View Post
YoungLion and I both had the same suspension installed at the same time, and just came back from my first set of track days on the newly suspended 790, at the same time I had well know suspension guru Dave Moss fine tune it at the track in between sessions. The bike performed great and was very easy on the Q3+ tires. Very good investment, bike was very easy to ride, almost like cheating😬
Congrats on the suspension! Dave Moss is a great fella. I really learned a lot from him.

Forum Admin. Sin Limites..
post #74 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 10:03 PM
QCS

Super-Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbusa View Post
Nice! Thank for sharing.

I ride because my wife says it keeps me young and is better than if I get a girlfriend...
post #75 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 03:51 AM

Garage
OK Thanks @YoungLion ! @QCS for the info and those VERY important observations too!
YoungLion likes this.
post #76 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgm View Post
Gotta love a chick with t a t s
Big t a t s on skinny chicks..........oh yeah..............but not too big, just big.
post #77 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgm View Post
😂 I didnít think it would be long before that would be mentioned.
I couldn't hep myself either ha ha. My next mod for the 790 will be a rear shock, looking at either an Ohlins or Nitron as we have a local Ohlins shop/workshop who also carries Nitron.
post #78 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 11:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J D View Post
Congrats on the suspension! Dave Moss is a great fella. I really learned a lot from him.
When Dave Moss was in NZ, we went for a 160 km ride round the back roads with him and he progressively tuned our suspension as the front and rear units came up to operating temperature. I had my Suzuki GSX-S 1000 at the time with a Nitron rear unit. The work he did made an amazing difference, particularly to the front end.

Really nice guy and takes the trouble to actually teach, not just set up the bike. The first photo is Dave adjusting the front end of my bike and the second is him with his Tiger, holding an impromptu theory talk part way through the ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dave M Suzuki.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	809.7 KB
ID:	2704   Click image for larger version

Name:	DM2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	572.0 KB
ID:	2706  
J D likes this.
post #79 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 03:35 AM
SuperDuker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booney View Post
This would explain most of the early rave reviews that were on Moto GP inspired Spanish Tarmac!
Where's that then. Around here it's pretty bumpy - Not UK pothole infected bumpy but not great,

Interestingly though the Austrian guy who is doing some engine mods says that as he's improved torque the rear end has more issues.

Small steps - Day by Day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page