Where to Buy Oil Filter? - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By Sean Johnson
  • 1 Post By RAINDOG

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Where to Buy Oil Filter?

I am quickly racking up miles on my new Duke and getting ready for the first 600 mile service. I wanted to change the oil myself, but I am having difficulty sourcing the oil filter. I can find the filter on Amazon and several other vendors, but it says it doesnt come with an O-ring. I also found the oil filter kit, which was about $60 and that didn't seem right. Anyone in the US ordering their own filters or are you guys just going through the dealer?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:23 PM
J D

Eye In The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Johnson View Post
I am quickly racking up miles on my new Duke and getting ready for the first 600 mile service. I wanted to change the oil myself, but I am having difficulty sourcing the oil filter. I can find the filter on Amazon and several other vendors, but it says it doesnt come with an O-ring. I also found the oil filter kit, which was about $60 and that didn't seem right. Anyone in the US ordering their own filters or are you guys just going through the dealer?
Good question. I've used HiFlo's on my last 2 Husqvarna supermotos, they worked fine. Ebay has lotsa HiFlo sellers with them listed.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part looks like # HF650?

Forum Admin. Life goes by faster than a summer vacation.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
Good question. I've used HiFlo's on my last 2 Husqvarna supermotos, they worked fine. Ebay has lotsa HiFlo sellers with them listed.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the part looks like # HF650?
I was hoping to stick to OEM for the filter, which I can find on several sites. I guess my main concern, do we need to be replacing the oil filter housing o-ring at each oil change? If I could find the part number, KTM twins does sell several o-rings. It's crazy how little info there is on this bike! I keep forgetting how new it is
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Ok, just to share my findings with anyone else curious, I was able to find the O-ring for the oil filter cap. The part number is: 07700390261. Now, I can order the oil filter for $20 and get the o-ring for $1, since apparently none of the oil filters actually come with an o-ring.

Side note, KTMtwins.com has a sweet OEM parts finder. I was able to see replacement parts for almost everything on the bike and they make it easy to just add to cart from the part diagram.

Cheers!

Sean
DaveNZ, J D and NavyDuke like this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:19 PM

www.rockymountainatvmc.com is my favorite source, they sell aftermarket parts, tires and OEM parts and have an online OEM catalog that is fairly extensive. The prices are reasonable and they ship fast, I've spent thousands of dollars there and they are solid.
J D likes this.

When the river is low they find old bones, when they plow they always dig up chains

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page