Remus Slip-on For Sale (SOLD) - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tanner Morgan
  • 2 Post By Tanner Morgan
  • 1 Post By Tanner Morgan

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Remus Slip-on For Sale (SOLD)

Remus slip-on, black stainless steel with carbon fiber tip. Has less than 500 miles on it. It was used on a 2019 790 Duke but I believe it fits the '18 models as well. Has one small scuff on it from installation but otherwise in great condition. I'm getting rid of it because it's just not enough sound for me (even with the dB killer out) so I went for an AR GP1R Slip-on (110mm). Pricey but worth it 🙂.

Asking price is $650 not including shipping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190528_173257_1559083634471.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1220  
J D likes this.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 02:49 PM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner Morgan View Post
Remus slip-on, black stainless steel with carbon fiber tip. Has less than 500 miles on it. It was used on a 2019 790 Duke but I believe it fits the '18 models as well. Has one small scuff on it from installation but otherwise in great condition. I'm getting rid of it because it's just not enough sound for me (even with the dB killer out) so I went for an AR GP1R Slip-on (110mm). Pricey but worth it 🙂.

Asking price is $650 not including shipping.
So I am looking at the Remus because I want more sound. Assuming you fit the AR GP1R already, can you elaborate on the differences?

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Are you talking about a Remus vs. Stock, or a Remus vs. the AR? The Remus sounds amazing and it does have a really good tone to it. You pretty much have to run it without the dB killer or else it will sound like the stock exhaust. Other than that, it looks great and is slightly lighter than stock (not a huge difference). The Austin exhaust is much louder, especially because I got the short version. It's not a de-cat system so it's just a slip-on, but it's so short that it might as well be a straight pipe from the cat back. It has a small amount of fiberglass packing which helps with the tone a bit. They are both great pipes and have there pros and cons, but the big diff is that the Austin Racing exhaust is very loud and will turn a lot of heads, and the Remus exhaust is a much more tasteful sound and doesn't require earplugs and won't set off car alarms. I guess I'm the kinda guy that has to have it as loud as possible because I love the AR exhaust and I'll eventually put the cat delete system and ATOM tuner on it when I've got some extra cash. I attached a pic of the AR exhaust so you can see what mine looks like (there's a lot of options on AR's website).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190506_174913.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	1250  
J D and NavyDuke like this.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:37 AM

Super-Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner Morgan View Post
Are you talking about a Remus vs. Stock, or a Remus vs. the AR? The Remus sounds amazing and it does have a really good tone to it. You pretty much have to run it without the dB killer or else it will sound like the stock exhaust. Other than that, it looks great and is slightly lighter than stock (not a huge difference). The Austin exhaust is much louder, especially because I got the short version. It's not a de-cat system so it's just a slip-on, but it's so short that it might as well be a straight pipe from the cat back. It has a small amount of fiberglass packing which helps with the tone a bit. They are both great pipes and have there pros and cons, but the big diff is that the Austin Racing exhaust is very loud and will turn a lot of heads, and the Remus exhaust is a much more tasteful sound and doesn't require earplugs and won't set off car alarms. I guess I'm the kinda guy that has to have it as loud as possible because I love the AR exhaust and I'll eventually put the cat delete system and ATOM tuner on it when I've got some extra cash. I attached a pic of the AR exhaust so you can see what mine looks like (there's a lot of options on AR's website).
Very nice. Yea I was referring to the Remus vs the AR. I would love to find some Db info on the Remus to compare. It is hard to tell the difference in loudness through videos. Thanks for the info. Now you have me wondering again!

Keep the rubber side down!

R.I.P:
RT180
YZ125
R1
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Price Reduced to $500

I reduced the price to $500 (not including shipping) and posted it on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remus-Exhau...e/123811399157.
J D likes this.
Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page