Heated gloves ? - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 9Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Pgm

Garage
Heated gloves ?

Any recommendations for heated gloves preferably not bulky, I had the heated grips on the last 790 but thought Iíd try heated gloves this time.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 04:48 AM

Garage
I use the Gerbing G3 which I've had for 3 or 4 years. I think they've been superceded now. These gloves have super soft leather, so are supremely comfortable. Some have their own batteries with only a short number of hours between charges. Mine run directly off the electrical system via a temperature controller clipped to my jacket belt. I've never needed to have it more than 1/3 of full capacity. The real advantage is better bike control with totally warm hands.

Some photos here: https://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2016...pdate-and.html
Pgm and Wiremanjon like this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Pgm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I use the Gerbing G3 which I've had for 3 or 4 years. I think they've been superceded now. These gloves have super soft leather, so are supremely comfortable. Some have their own batteries with only a short number of hours between charges. Mine run directly off the electrical system via a temperature controller clipped to my jacket belt. I've never needed to have it more than 1/3 of full capacity. The real advantage is better bike control with totally warm hands.

Some photos here: https://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2016...pdate-and.html
Thanks Geoff I have a Gerbing outlet very close to me which I only recently found out so will go check it out.
Geoff likes this.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM
The 'other' Long Islander..

Garage
I'm a big fan of gerbings as well, i have their short gloves and they are nice and toasty!!
Bugz, Pgm and Geoff like this.

2019 KTM Duke 790
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Pgm

Garage
So I went for a pair of Dane heated gloves just felt a bit less bulky than Gerbing and are gortex.
Bit more expensive but came with the batteries as well although Iíll probably use direct to bike battery
Geoff likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:46 PM
The 'other' Long Islander..

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgm View Post
So I went for a pair of Dane heated gloves just felt a bit less bulky than Gerbing and are gortex.
Bit more expensive but came with the batteries as well although I’ll probably use direct to bike battery
Good choice with them having goretex!
Pgm likes this.

2019 KTM Duke 790
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 03:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgm View Post
Bit more expensive but came with the batteries as well although Iíll probably use direct to bike battery
I don't think you'll ever regret choosing heated gloves. It makes cold weather riding so much more pleasurable, not to mention better control of the bike. Nice one!
Pgm likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:52 PM

Just so everyone is aware. Gerbing, Iím fairly certain has changed names to Gordonís Heated Clothing. Made in USA. Www.gordonsheated.com, email is [email protected]. I havenít checked if Gerbing is still available, it probably is for now.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM

Yes I just clicked on my own link. Gordon Gerbing has passed away and I guess they had to rename the company.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:26 PM

Anyone have any experience with a battery pack heated m/c glove - I am not one for all the wires that need to be connected to make them workable despite the fact I know they work great

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page