Canadian pricing of the 790 Duke - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 45
Canadian pricing of the 790 Duke

Not sure if this has been posted up on the site, but I saw this announced a few weeks back. For those up North, the 790 Duke will start at $11,499 plus additional fees. Doesn't matter which paint scheme you choose. Don't know if there are confirmed delivery dates just yet.
SirDuke is offline  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Qualicum Beach BC
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDuke View Post
Not sure if this has been posted up on the site, but I saw this announced a few weeks back. For those up North, the 790 Duke will start at $11,499 plus additional fees. Doesn't matter which paint scheme you choose. Don't know if there are confirmed delivery dates just yet.
Bought mine on Vancouver Island. Have had it for nearly two months, my local dealer has sold 3 so far,same price

Ktm 1090R, Ktm 790 Duke
Newbusa is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:52 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Signed for mine about a month ago. Manged to get a few hundred off the freight but the bike was 11,499 here in Alberta.
Falxon9 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Canada - BC
Posts: 16
I got the same price. Since I had a trade, negotiations were about the trade-in value against list price.


Unfortunately I did not get an Owner's Manual. Supposedly it has not been printed yet because the parts people said it was not possible to place an order. Has anyone else run into this on a Canadian bike?
wil780 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil780 View Post
Unfortunately I did not get an Owner's Manual. Supposedly it has not been printed yet because the parts people said it was not possible to place an order. Has anyone else run into this on a Canadian bike?
I got the Owner's Manual with mine. You should insist they supply you with one - you've paid for it in the price of the bike.
markjanemhan is online now  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
I to also have a manual for mine.
Falxon9 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 11:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Canada - BC
Posts: 16
Thanks for the replies.


With this information I phoned KTM Canada customer service. They had manuals on hand and were nice enough to courier one to my dealer. I got it the next day. The sales manager said "KTM hasn't released it to dealers yet". A bit lame, I think. They had three months to figure out how to get one. I suppose once they have your money you drop way down on their priority list.


I just hope the service department is more interested in keeping my business. The next KTM dealer is 3 hours away.
wil780 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wil780 View Post
Thanks for the replies.


With this information I phoned KTM Canada customer service. They had manuals on hand and were nice enough to courier one to my dealer. I got it the next day. The sales manager said "KTM hasn't released it to dealers yet". A bit lame, I think. They had three months to figure out how to get one. I suppose once they have your money you drop way down on their priority list.


I just hope the service department is more interested in keeping my business. The next KTM dealer is 3 hours away.
Glad you got it sorted, but that is such a BS excuse from the dealership. Where are you in BC? Might be worth seeking out a good independent motorcycle mechanic for maintenance. I'm fortunate to have one in North Vancouver, and I wouldn't take my bike to anyone else, least of all the dealership.
markjanemhan is online now  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:02 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Canada - BC
Posts: 16
I do all my own mechanical work - I haven't had a bike into a dealership for at least 35 years. But I need to keep on reasonably good terms with the dealer in case something goes wrong with the electronics. Also, the manual I've just started reading says I need to have the routine service work done by a dealer to keep the warranty in effect, so I don't want to name the dealer in case the sales manager is right that there was no way for him to get a manual.


I just went to check the warranty duration and I see there's no other warranty information in the Owners Manual or in the paperwork I got with the bike. Looks like I need to place another call to KTM customer service.
wil780 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 05:03 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Your dealer sounds like they are pretty bad. My dealer told me upfront that it's a 2 year warranty on the bike. I am also allowed to do all my minor maintenance such as oil changes myself as long as I keep receipts and a record of it all.
Falxon9 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Did You Do To Your KTM 790 Duke Today? + Off Topic Administrator What Did You Do To Your KTM 790 Duke Today? 580 11-30-2019 07:44 AM
790 Duke R to debut at EICMA 2018 LC8 Other Bikes Discussion 6 12-02-2018 12:20 PM
2018 KTM 790 Duke Overview Administrator 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 3 07-19-2018 02:51 PM
How The Middleweight Duke 790 Ranks Overall Administrator 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 0 07-19-2018 02:28 PM
KTM 790 Duke Dyno Tested 790 Duke News 2018+ KTM 790 Duke News 2 05-25-2018 06:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome