Reviews - Page 3 - 2018 KTM 790 Duke Forum
 1Likes

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 04:31 AM
LemonLaw'dMy790D

Location: North Sea, Texas, Venezuela...... Wherever there is oil
Thanks "anotheronetoday", looks like you have had your fair share of "Lemons".
I've had a lot of new bikes in my time, and you do get problems, these are normally resolved by the dealer and manufacturer.

In this case however the issues are going unresolved, due to KTM being particularly awkward in any resolution!
What makes it really frustrating is that they will not talk to you directly, only via email ( an answer to which can take a week or more), or their preferred method, all issues "buffered" through the dealer!

I have found, that you will spend more time (at your expense), calling the dealer, than them calling you

If and when the issues are resolved, which now is the legal route, I will post more info on the full issues I have had.

Don't get me wrong the bike is great, and issues do happen, but sorting them out is proving truly impossible!
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Wish You Were Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNukem View Post
Thanks "anotheronetoday", looks like you have had your fair share of "Lemons".
I've had a lot of new bikes in my time, and you do get problems, these are normally resolved by the dealer and manufacturer.

In this case however the issues are going unresolved, due to KTM being particularly awkward in any resolution!
What makes it really frustrating is that they will not talk to you directly, only via email ( an answer to which can take a week or more), or their preferred method, all issues "buffered" through the dealer!

I have found, that you will spend more time (at your expense), calling the dealer, than them calling you

If and when the issues are resolved, which now is the legal route, I will post more info on the full issues I have had.

Don't get me wrong the bike is great, and issues do happen, but sorting them out is proving truly impossible!
well as i say you only know how good a dealer or brand is when things go wrong and they are put to the test. it seems they have failed you which is a great shame.
In my experience it has always been the dealer and i have never communicated with the Brand.
Did you buy in the UK?
If you did then i am sure you know how to use our consumer laws , The Consumer Rights Act 2015 became law on 1 October 2015 though it is not as good as previously in my opinion

If you have owned your motorcycle for greater than 30 days the seller has the right to repair (once per fault), but this 30 day limit does not apply if:-

1/ the repair or replacement would cause significant inconvenience

2/ the repair would take an unreasonably long amount of time.

3/ the cost of the repair or replacement is disproportionate to the value of the goods

4/ repair or replacement is impossible

5/ A repaired fault repeats itself

Joy is riding your bike to it's limit
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:26 PM

Garage
Here's a link to a review after 1500 km. https://geoffjames.blogspot.com/2019...0-km-down.html . So far, no sign of any issues at all, touch wood! It's been an absolute joy for this old fella!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0257.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	784  
KiwiDuke likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page